1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for Pete Sparks

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by Kingplinker, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Kingplinker

Kingplinker " Horsham HFT champion 2010 "... apparently...

Hi Pete

I was going to PM this question but perhaps you could share your infinate knowledge with other board members on the following scope ?

I know you used a Bushnell 10x40 3200 and that you liked it but now that you have moved on ( do walther make top end scopes . LOL ) what were the short-comings of the 10x40 ? IIRC you PX'd yours at 25 yards and zero'd at 35 yards - what points were out of focus ?

Like I say , I have always been a fan of the scopes and px'd mine to 25yards with a 25 yard zero - clear at 13 yards but also clear at 45 which offers little or no rangefinding help .

many thanks

Dave

2. Sparky

Sparky Ich dien Staff Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    Hi Dave

too be honest i never used the scope in a comp but Jane did for a few years, but it was well capable of doing the job, but personally i don't like scopes without an adjustable parallax as very hard to fine tune and like you with the 3200 couldn't get a good balance.

But try altering the focus to.

Pete

3. Kingplinker

Kingplinker " Horsham HFT champion 2010 "... apparently...

Thanks Pete , much appreciated

Perhaps now is the time to change set - up as I have just housed my MPR in a custom stock , I may aswell start as I mean to go on . I always find a problem getting a happy medium between focus between a sharp reticule and/or target .

many thanks

Dave