Query about the Emley HFT classic

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by chrisc, Aug 29, 2014.

1. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

Eyup.....we were talking today at the club and were wondering about how many were being put off by the sillhouettes?

If shooters don't want to shoot the sillies then no probs but we were wondering if changing the format might help. Maybe just shoot 20 sillies instead of 40 and score it...

1 point per sillie if shot prone or FT sitting
    2 points per sillie if shot kneeling
    3 points per sillie if shot standing

This would allow all to participate and would level the playing field a bit against those good at shooting the sillhouettes.

Thoughts please? :)

BTW, the course is to UKAHFT spec and is on 3 levels/areas and is ready to go for Sunday. Lanes 1 - 10 are in the hft practice course, 11 - 21 shooting down into the gulley and off the car park, lanes 22 - 30 are along the old railway track. If the wind blows it will be fun:)

BBQ cleaned and the shopping done for the cookies n cupcakes.

2. BOMBER

BOMBER Little French Maid

I dont mind any format its all practice plus raising money for a good cause.:D:D:D oh yeh and free bbq:D:D:D

3. plattitude

plattitude Active Member

Club:
    Anston
    Seems a little late to change the format IMO, but hayho, I will take 60 points on the sills any day:D:D:D

Paul

4. sneaky rodent

sneaky rodent top bombing

Club:
    pontifract
    I think you've got to keep the sillies as they are its so much fun in ther an a different pressure an feeling to doing normally an ther a good talking point of the day plus you never no if it's your day then you can make up a lot of places in ther lol

5. MickyFinn

MickyFinn I❤HFT

Club:
    The Anston Massive & Kingsley HFT
    I'm not a massive fan of the silhouettes but its part of the competition/fun! Leave them in :D You can always change the rules next year ( though shooting them prone would probably make them too easy)?;)

6. Mark T

Mark T Member

Club:
    Misfits HFT
    I've never shot silhouettes before, just sounds like fun to me.
    Also I'm properly crap at unsupported standing shots so I need the practice :)

7. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

It was just for thought and i think it's a bit late to change the format now. Like Mick said...it's going to be fun and is for a great cause. Maybe try some new ideas for next year.

Imagine the stick if you missed some prone though Mick?:)

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  8. MickyFinn

MickyFinn I❤HFT

Club:
    The Anston Massive & Kingsley HFT
    On the scoring system you suggest I'd take them kneeling except perhaps the rams which i would probably take prone (if you can switch stances?) :p

9. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

We thought that you would have to stick to the chosen position for all sillies.:)

10. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

After some very helpful feedback we will be sticking with last years format of 40 sillies. We have put 4 banks out today:D

Next year we will ask around to see if we can come up with a format that might attract more into giving the sillies a go;);)

11. johnharper

johnharper Member

Club:
    YORK FTC
    sorry i an't be there this year but i would leave the sillys in all the time as thats what makes the day more fun seeing peoples happy faces good luck to all for tomoz:D:D:D:D
    john