Quarry round 1

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Sharpe, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Sharpe

Sharpe Semper fidelis

Club:
    Maldon
    What a cracking day at Quarry hunters. Great course and kind weather!
    Really enjoyable shoot with Stuart and Sam (well done on your team win place Stuart).
    Usual thanks to the organiser's and sponsors.
    Big well done to Charles :)

2. Simonev2

Simonev2 Member

Club:
    Misfits
    Got to agree was a great day. Was mine and my little lads first quarry and the wind did play it's part. Good course setting and some really nasty targets.

3. Ash Bailey

Ash Bailey Herder of delinquent cats.

Club:
    Parkstone GC, Glevum, Nomads HFT.
    Thanks again Quarry!

What a great start to this year's UKAHFT series. A great course, although far too much like hard work for a member of the "rabble" such as myself! :eek:o

I never cease to be amazed with those who score so well at this challenging venue, always "tricky" with that famous Quarry wind. A brilliant course; thanks to all the Quarry pixies who put so much time in.

A lovely touch having the collection and minute's silence for Rick.

Thanks too to my shooting buddies Mia Roberts and Kevin Turner; you're both great company. Hope we get to shoot together again before too long.

See y'all at Fort! :)

4. cliveo

cliveo Member

Club:
    misfits
    yes congrats to all at quarry for a great course, wind yet again was a little monkey:p
    and to cap it all nearly got down to a t shirt when the sun came out:D

5. mikmon

mikmon Member

thanks

Thanks to all involved in the running and setting out of the course today really enjoyed it and how about the weather and great company round the course ! Emily and Stew a pleasure shooting with you both also congrats to the winners. :)

6. stillwater

stillwater Well-Known Member

Club:
    Misfits
    Another great start to the series well done to all involved,
    Thanks to Colin and Brian for putting up with me for the three targets that I got to shoot.:eek:o
    Note to self Chrono the rifle with the pellets your going to be using, not random ones out of the shop:lev:eek:o

7. Bill-B

Bill-B Member

Club:
    Furnace Mill and Quarry
    Thanks to all at the Quarry today. Fantastic course set out ,really friendly atmosphere. Thanks to Simon for shooting with me and my son Mitch. Hope to visit again soon.
    ATB Bill

8. dave.h

dave.h Lefty Dave

Quarry rnd 1

Great day at quarry shooting my .22 for first time only having it 4 weeks. Great coarse great weather and great company. I must thank keith warburton for giving me a charge after i left my bottle at home. What a gent, and very helpfull too, giving me the benifit of his experience. Also nice to catch up with old freinds who i will be meeting again a fort. Looking forward to it.

9. Mark T

Mark T Member

Club:
    Misfits HFT
    Thanks to all at Quarry, really enjoyed the shoot and for the first time in four visits to quarry didn't get slaughtered by the wind, don't think I beat it , but it felt a bit like a draw.
    Thanks also to Steve W and Jack H , pleasure shooting with you both.

10. stu180101

stu180101 Member

Excellent day, we really enjoyed it - thank you :cool:

Congratulations to Charles, Pete, Rudy and all the other winners :lev

And an extra special WELL DONE to Derick Stone, Pete Dutton, Pete Sparkes, Jason Bressington and Stuart James on the Club Team win:

[​IMG]

:D:D:D:D:D

11. vinny

vinny WHFTA 2015 World Champion

Club:
    M.A.D
    dreading it

After last years mind numbing 38 , the place filled me full of dread, still, really enjoyed today, I think we got lt off lightly with the weather, nicely placed targets guys, youve got a lot to play with there, I saw some strange pellet flight paths today
    Well done to all who braved today and hats off to the winners :

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
  12. tugg

tugg itchy trigger finger

Club:
    springfield and mad
    I feel i really learnt a lot today ,so much so that I've developed a new addition to my follow through technique which now involves shouting profanities at the said target, It doesn't improve my accuracy at all but makes me feel a whole lot better.;)
    Thanks to James and Ian for their company and for putting up with my bouts of tourettes.:eek:

13. jedi020

jedi020 Red Dwarf

Club:
    Dunfermline Arc .... Juniper Green Arc
    That's a long drive home 7.5 hours, 1st off a huge thanks to Greg Morss (The Driver) top job buddy.

Massive thanks to the quarry guys, another fine course, that I did reasonably well on for a change, superb !!

Thanks to Ian Bainbrdge & Colin Wilson, the chat (banter) fuelled positivity..

Rick Arden badges where a nice touch, showing the spirit within hft.

See you all at fort.

James.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  14. MickyFinn

MickyFinn I❤HFT

Club:
    The Anston Massive & Kingsley HFT
    Cracking course Quarry! Thanks to all course setters + organisers etc. The course destroyed me again! Nice catch up & banter with everyone as ever + an extra special THANK YOU for the donations & minute silence for Rick! The round of applause after bought a lump to my throat and a tear to my eye. I'm sure he'd have been very proud & humbled by what you all did yesterday. Another thanks to my mate Dave Nichols for the company today. He's never beat me before then done it twice in a weekend at Kibby then here!;) Well done fella!
    I've briefly contacted Aretha late on last night and she's said what a lovely gesture & thank you, your all so very kind. He'd have been proud of you all!

15. LAity

LAity Goed Geschoten

Well I got my arse kicked !! Great course for sure . Lovely to see everyone again and now I'm going to see how I can improve ..... Grrrrrrr:) . Thanks to Lanky and Willie for your company around the course . Cracking laugh as ever !

LAity

16. popsheep

popsheep Lee Marvin & the Shadows

good day at Quarry

very enjoyable shoot, great shooting partners and Tugg please dont swear it upsets me .
    well done to all.

17. tugg

tugg itchy trigger finger

Club:
    springfield and mad
    bull****:D:D

18. dnic

dnic Share the Love

Club:
    Misfits, Australia OMT
    Brilliant day at Quarry, great target placement, pesky wind. However sunshine and great banter from those on our adjacent pegs.

Well done the Dragons for organising and putting out a course.

Big thanks to the Mick for the company and laughs on the way round, let's see if I can make it three in row:lev

Lastly, appreciated the minute silence for Ricky and the badges are ace, keeping mine on for the whole series.

Ps, thanks Darren for the cap:)

19. KeithW

KeithW Barn door? Where?

Club:
    Cambridge
    Dave, you're welcome, and thanks for the kind words. But beware of any advice that I give ... I've still got a hell of a lot to learn, and by the time I've learned three new things I've forgotten 2 previous lessons. Congratulations on your .22 result - great outcome for a new shooter with a new gun.

What a great course it was, though. And great company from Nigel & Rhian. Loadsa fun and looking forward to Fort.

20. handbylt

handbylt New Member

Club:
    TCom.hft+Kingsley HFT
    BUZZER IS A W*****R :D:D loved it Ash