Quarry Round 1

Discussion in 'UKAHFT Official Forum' started by Charles44, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Charles44

Charles44 Member

Many thanks to the whole team at Quarry for laying on a cracking course and to Nigel for keeping us fuelled up!

Onwards & upwards!!!:D

2. DreamGenie

DreamGenie M.A.D. Air Arms HFT team

Club:
    M.A.D.
    Definitely an interesting day!! Wind was challenging!! Thanks to Jason for the shoot. Not to mention Gary for the lift and Alex for the company! Was nice to catch up with old friends too. Looking forward to the next round!! Well done to all of the winners.

3. raygun

raygun Non member

Many thanks to Quarry for today's shoot.

I thought that the wind made an excellent course a bit of a lottery. There was just too much of it. The course was superb, as is expected from Quarry, so a big "pat on the back".

I understand that Chris Cundy sold his soul to the Devil :D Superb shooting Chris.
    Well done also to the Oaks, taking the team prize.

ATB
    Ray.

4. blackscale

blackscale Member

As above, great day, great company, thanks to Mrs Vant and Bertie Bassett for a laugh a minute, the company equaled the quality of the course!

Thankyou Quarry! :D

Up The Oaks! :D:cool:

5. Fatsnapper

Fatsnapper experiendum durius

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    Well done Quarry for a good course with the usual perplexing wind! I'd also like to add that Nigel's catering van provides better tasting, quality and value food than the bloody pretend pub attached to the premier inn I stayed at!!

Well done Chris C..... good shooting on a day which had most people baffled

6. dnic

dnic Share the Love

Club:
    Misfits, Australia OMT
    Cracking shooting Chris C:)

Well done to the Oaks team.

Thank you to Colin & Nigel for your company on my first outing at a UKAHFT comp. I learnt a lot from you chaps. My nemesis, wind & ranging got the better of me :confused:

Thumbs up, for the organisers and the Marshals, without you it couldn't have happened.

Lastly, thanks to my car buddies, Andy and Clive, The Sunday Times and the Sunday Sport, will go down as quality reading on the journey from both ends of the spectrum:rolleyes:

David

7. Dave Ramshead

Dave Ramshead England HFT Team squatter

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    Thanks to quarry for the course and to nige & sarah for the grub, tough day!:)
    Got to give every credit to Chris, fantastic round mate, well done. :eek:

8. Ash Bailey

Ash Bailey Herder of delinquent cats.

Club:
    Parkstone GC, Glevum, Nomads HFT.
    Blimey!

OK - I'm a numpty - new to this HFT game... Loads of people had told me "it's always windy at Quarry"... Understatement or what! :D Still, that's what the Welsh call summer, the hardy souls....

Congratulations to all those with the amazing scores - in my humble eyes anyone scoring over 30 is a hero!

Got about half-way round before the trigger sear on my HW100 decided to break. Never mind, put it down to experience and German engineering :eek:o

Thanks to the organisers, marshalls and the Quarry guys for a great day.

Thanks too to my partners Greg and Bill, really enjoyed your company guys.

See y'all soon.

9. tugg

tugg itchy trigger finger

Club:
    springfield and mad
    your first uk comp,:eek:thats what you call a" baptism of fire". I apologize for the profound cursing after the wind had emptied my pellet pouch 3x on pegs 1-5:rolleyes:..
    great day , great company,great course.Thanks John for carshare.
    welldone especially to Chris C and also Mike B who both gave us a masterclass in shooting in the wind.
    see you all at the worlds:shot:

10. johnjames

johnjames New Member

Good shooting Oaks team , Spongey top shooting m8 :D.

11. MickyFinn

MickyFinn I❤HFT

Club:
    The Anston Massive & Kingsley HFT
    I really enjoyed the course in a perverse sort of way! 5 donuts is a new personal record for me.:p Good craic on the way round and many thanks to Mike & Keith. Well worth the 380 mile round trip!

12. brianf51

brianf51 Fort AGC

Club:
    Fort AGC
    Thanks

My thanks to Pete and the whole Quarry gang for getting the 2014 series off to such a challenging start. A lot of thought had clearly gone into the course. No gimmicks just good, cleverly placed targets and of course Quarries secret weapon the wind!

Thoroughly enjoyed myself getting stuffed by the course and look forward to seeing you all again in the next rounds. Also thanks to Kev Gaunt and Anthony Higgins for the company and banter around the course and Nigel and Sarah for the food.

13. 5teve L

5teve L STOP ! HAMMER TIME !

Club:
    The Oaks & Horsham hawks
    Thanks Quarry for a cracking course, really challenging wind, peg two will haunt me for a few days (or weeks :D )
    Thanks to Stuart for the company & well done Chris C & Mike B, great shooting in that wind.

Also a mention for Mia on a fantastic score of 50 :eek: to take the juniors (& beat most of the field :D)

Finally, cracking shooting from the Oaks team, 1st win & what a place to do it :shot::D

14. ianh1966

ianh1966 Member

My 1st UKAHFT event too and what a day it was!!!!!
    Amazed at 'killing' my 1st shot, no. 22 out in the field and even more amazed at no donuts.
    Thanks to all involved in making this a great day.

15. herx77

herx77 Member

The Bodyboarding capitol of Hertfordshire.
    Club:
    Lea Valley Air Gun Club
    Congratulations to Quarry on a superb course and 'interestingly windeage..... arranged to order':D.
    Its been 4 years at least since I last shot at Quarry,and thought I probably wouldn't shoot there again.I'm glad I did, the wind,shooting company,sunshine,hail Rain,wayard bolt on gun all made it a day to remember,and not to forget the food,;) :D.What more could you ask for?...... 'a better score' :D;).
    HERX77 .

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  16. blue dragon

blue dragon Member

Club:
    Rivington riflemen
    a truly fantastic start to 2014 I think the course was excellent and would have been challenging without the wind and has been said a baptism of fire for those who where shooting there first national, hats off to Chris Cundy top shooting fella and to all the class winners ,Well done the oaks thanks again to all really enjoyed the day
    Steve & Karyn:D

17. Rift

Rift "Agent"

Club:
    M.A.D
    Well done Quarry Hunters for the course. Just shows you dont need to put everything out to its max to demolish "most" of the competitors. Ok..so the wind did that..but it was still a great day.
    Shot with Chris C who just couldnt put a thing wrong. Very well done mate. And to my other shooting partner Bert, hope your feeling better soon.
    See you all at the worlds...
    Alex

18. LAity

LAity Goed Geschoten

Thanks Quarry, had a blast . Great course as ever .. Really good fun. Great to see everyone and well done Chris C ... amazing shooting buddy.

Cant wait for the next one !

LAity

19. DarrenQ

DarrenQ New Member

Club:
    MAD
    Quarry

Well done Chris top shooting mate.
    Wish I could have been there I do miss the quarry winds and course setting :)

Darren

20. stillwater

stillwater Active Member

Club:
    KSG, Misfits
    Cracking start to this years series, well done to all at Quarry for putting out a tough and intresting course.
    thanks to my shooting buddies Bill and Ash. We didn't exactly shoot well but we had a laugh:D Ash I hope you have got the rifle back together:eek:
    See you all at Fort