Quarry R9

Discussion in 'UKAHFT Official Forum' started by RICHARD-B, Oct 20, 2013.

1. RICHARD-B

RICHARD-B M.A.D

Club:
    MAD
    What a last round that was:) A big thank you to the Quarry team for todays shoot, with that wind doing things that sometimes defied the laws of physics:eek:o I had a great day. Thanks to Wayne and Steve for the company around the course it was a pleasure shooting with you both.
    Once again thanks Quarry and of course to Doppa and Jen for the lift to and from.
    See you all at the Gathering
    ATB Rich:D

2. raygun

raygun Non member

Many thanks to Quarry.

First class course that had quite a few range traps (and I found them all :D). A good, honest course that with the wind made you deliver or get punished.

A very enjoyable day. Take a bow Quarry.

ATB
    Ray.

3. dave benyon

dave benyon Spirit of HFT 2009

Thanks to the Quarry team for a great shoot today. Really good course with a tricky wind thrown in. Thanks to Guy and Danny for the company on the course, good end to an enjoyable series.

4. Sharpe

Sharpe Semper fidelis

Club:
    Maldon
    Fantastic day at Quarry today, AND, the rain kept away! :)
    Lovely course, with enough wind to keep you on you toes every shot.
    Well done to all the winners and top shots and thank you to AirArms for the sponsorship.
    Many thanks to Gary & co for the lift today and throughout the season.

5. Charles44

Charles44 Member

Many thanks to all at Quarry for laying on todays shoot - proper wind as the scores showed!
    Thanks to Simon & Rudy for the company.

6. popsheep

popsheep Lee Marvin & the Shadows

A good day at Quarry

what a super day shooting HFT yet again, talked to some lovely people and really enjoyed the day .
    all the best to James ,Mad and all the other winners.

7. blue dragon

blue dragon Member

Club:
    Rivington riflemen
    really enjoyable day congratulations james fantastic course well done to the quarry team and thank you to john duggan for your company
    atb steve and karyn

8. Fatsnapper

Fatsnapper experiendum durius

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    Well done Quarry on a very enjoyable course, complete with an unfathomable wind!:confused:

9. 5teve L

5teve L STOP ! HAMMER TIME !

Club:
    The Oaks & Horsham hawks
    Many thanks to all at Quarry, great course & we even got that wind I asked for :eek: :D
    Thanks to James & Brian for the company, also well done to James for keeping it together after dinking the 1st 3 targets !
    What a close call for top spot, with it coming down to the scores in Rd 2 to swap the top two ? !

Nice to see John O up there at the top, unlucky on the shoot out mate, but well shot Tony.

Roll on the Gathering.

Steve

10. Dazzzle

Dazzzle New Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    Just like to thank Nigel and his catering team for their efforts in trying conditions especially on Sat and for keeping me supplied with coffee.

11. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

The Scores from yesterday plus the final league scores are now available on the UKAHFT Website

12. XTX

XTX XTX Air

Club:
    Nomads HFT
    Well done to Quarry for a good course.

Well done to Tony for winning the day in challenging conditions :shot:

Thanks for the company Ray and Steve.

13. LAity

LAity Goed Geschoten

Had a blast ! Great course , great company , what more do you want. Thanks to Steph and Arath ( I know its Aretha but her card was spelt wrong)...LOL. Lovely to shoot with young ladies. Laughed all the way arounf the course...Until my gun spat the dummy !!!

THanks to Quarry , well Dell really as he did all the work I am told :D:D Thanks to the lovely Tracy for that lovely cup of tea whilst I was on the Chrono, Your a love !

Thanks to all

AND YES , I AM NOT IN THE GATHERING !!

LAity

14. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

I hate to disagree Rog but you are mate :D

Only just though:rolleyes:

15. raygun

raygun Non member

Thanks for those Pete.

Very efficient :D

ATB
    Ray.

16. Mark T

Mark T Member

Club:
    Misfits HFT
    I'm also not in the gathering, but whats even worse is the wife is :eek::eek:o :eek: ;)
    Really enjoyed our first year of doing the uk's.
    I can honestly say I've enjoyed every round, all the clubs involved have done an excellent job so thanks
    to them and the ukahft team.
    Well done to all the winners.

17. KeithW

KeithW Barn door? Where?

Club:
    Cambridge
    That wind seems to have been a great leveller. My first time at Quarry and I found it very enjoyable. Many thanks for a great course, and as always, thanks for the company: it was a great lesson, watching Ed thread 5mm pellets through 15mm holes, and Glen, thanks for the lesson in perseverance - 1 point in it at the end of the day.

I'm looking forward to my next trip over the Severn.

18. Amac

Amac Active Member

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    As a none shooter on the day, I spent most of my time observing you all. Having shot Quarry a couple of times myself in the past, it was clear that the course setters had done a fantastic job once again. Chuck in the not inconsiderable gusting wind, and the day was set for wonderment and much expletive cursing as your pellets flew in some amazing directions.

For me though, the day was a reminder of how the series organisers,marshals and sponsors manage to combine everything to such a high standard for the enjoyment of all. You are all genuinely a credit to the sport which is clearly in an extremely healthy position for the future. It cannot be an easy task to ensure that all are catered for and that things run as smoothly as they do. However, you manage it every time.

Finally, and for me the most noticeable event of the day was the outstanding level of genuine sportsmanship displayed when the results of the overall series winner became known. Lets face it, both James and Richard deserved to win such a tight fought series with their excellent performances throughout the season. As Jame's Dad, I was obviously hoping that he would manage to do it. However,I was almost feeling guilty when the result was finally confirmed. Richard Woods displayed an outstanding level of sportsmanship which confirms how much of a decent bloke he really is. I hope that his example of how to conduct yourself in such circumstances is remembered by the many who witnessed it.

Anyway, I have gone on long enough!

Frank

19. blackscale

blackscale Member

Have to admit i got a proper *** kicking, thought there was a problem with my gun i was shooting so badly, seems i got all the ranges wrong....that's good course setting certainly tamed me!! :D:D

Great shooting round with Jenny and Chris, proper slapping they gave me! :D:D

Thankyou x :cool:

20. 5teve L

5teve L STOP ! HAMMER TIME !

Club:
    The Oaks & Horsham hawks
    Home ground wonder... :p