Putting things into perspective

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by D Martin, Mar 29, 2010.

1. D Martin

D Martin Non member

Well guys it's finally hit and with the start of the 2010 season I've already been thinking hard about how financially I can stay in competition past this season.
    I won't go into personal details but the only way I can think of doing it is by trimming back which I've already done by changing my scope for after the worlds and missing out on some of the great times that we have getting together the night before a shoot and instead traveling on the day.
    The next thing I'm very sorry to say will probably be having to do the same with my rifle near the end of this year and so I've dropped on a bargain AA S400 as a project to do up in readiness which has been funded mainly from the sale of my EB Sniper.
    Hopefully I won't have to sell the Ranger as I love shooting it but if it comes to it and I don't have a choice it will have to go:(
    Daystate are in my opinion among the best rifles out there and their customer service and helpfulness is second to none and I will always praise their work and advise people to get one for their quality but unless something gives I may have to take a break from shooting them until things pick up.
    The main thing for me though is to carry on enjoying taking part in shoots and I have no doubt that things will eventually go back on the up but until they do I will have to just go with what I can.
    I just wanted you guys to hear it from me first before you hear it from someone else as I think I owe it to all the UKAHFT Daystate shooters.

Dave

P.S Daystate are still gonna kick your ass this year Vinny:D:D:D

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2010
  2. Knockedover

Knockedover CSFTA Champ

Sorry to hear that Dave:( With any luck the "trimming back" will keep you ticking along until things sort themselves out and you can get back to the way things where:) I'm sure I won't be the only one saying this but if there is anything I can do to help just ask:)

Dream on ya muppet :D:D

3. skires

skires Well-Known Member

Dave

I don't know you but I've seen your name on the result lists and your posts on here.

It's a lucky guy who gets through life without health or finances/employment causing him problems at some time.

I think the most important thing is for you to keep getting to the shoots and enjoying your sport and your time with your mates as best you can, which you have said. You've talked about how you can try and do that. You will have lots of support from the many friends that you have obviously made.

I really do wish you well fella.

Colin

4. Rik ochet

Rik ochet Its my skunk, I saw it !!

Dave,

This offer goes for myself and Janine too. Because it won't only be you affected I expect it will impact Ryan too.
    You've probably got more friends that are willing to help where they can than you realise. :D

Rik

5. D Martin

D Martin Non member

Cheers guys....I only posted up to let you all know that it was time for me to face up to the reality and respect the fact that I can't keep doing things in the way that I have been doing for the past 3 years or so and that some changes have to be made.
    It wasn't a sympathy vote, though I appreciate the support and there are lots that are in a much worse state than me at the minute with employment being what it is. I just wanted everone to know that in no way had I had a change of heart about Daystate with me being their captain and all .
    If making changes is what it takes to keep shooting with you guys then I'm quite happy to do that until things pick back up:)

Just thought I'd let you all know the reason behind it that's all;)

Dave

6. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

Dave, sorry to hear that mate and if you do have to cut back on the shoots you will be missed.:(

However...there is always light at the end of the tunnel mate. I have a 10x44 viper or a 10x42 hawke that you can borrow for the season. And if you do need to offload your rifles you're more than welcome to use my Steyr or Daystate (if shooting second session)

Genuine offer matey:). There aren't many i'd trust with that rig but you're one of them:D..chin up mate and see you for a chat and a brew at the worlds.

7. LAity

LAity Goed Geschoten

As everyone has said, if there is anything i can do mate...JUST ASK!!!! Its a cracking sport and we need ( not so much you to be honest:D ) nice people in it, and if we cant all help out ...then whats the point?

As said mate, if you need anything....

LAity

8. dave benyon

dave benyon Spirit of HFT 2009

Hope things get back on track soon Dave, as others have said things are getting tough at the moment for a lot of people and if cutting back means you can keep doing the things you enjoy then it's worth it.

9. Andy006

Andy006 Member

I understand your predicament Dave. I too had to cut back a couple of years ago from travelling and shooting. I did it mainly for financial reasons but also for family reasons. I still try to shoot HFT at my club as often as I can and hopefully will see you and the lads at some of the NEFTA Hunter rounds this year. They are always great shoots for the banter and a laugh. Keep your chin up mate.:)

10. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

Know where your coming from Dave, without a hand from certain lads on the circuit I'm not even sure I would have made the World's and I certainly would not be shooting the rest of the UK's.:(:(

11. steveggg

steveggg Trainee Grumps

Dave,

Understand the situation, quiet a few people i know are in the same boat, and not anyone of them's own fault, times are hard for most.

If i can help in any way, don't hesitate to ask, have a spare MK3 and Walther sitting around doing nothing.

Regards.

12. D Martin

D Martin Non member

Cheers guys I really appreciate it.;)
    I've still got the Ranger though and will not part with it until I finally have too and as said I now have a bargain S400 mainly from the sale of my EB which I am fettling for a back up if and when this happens.:)
    Stop shooting altogether is one thing that I'll never do......the house,wife and kids would have to go first.;)
    Dave

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2010