Purley Chase DMHS Today (Sunday 9th)

Discussion in 'News and Results' started by Ash Bailey, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Ash Bailey

Ash Bailey Herder of delinquent cats.

Club:
    Parkstone GC, Glevum, Nomads HFT.
    Great course today, some fantastic scores and three clearances (well, three after appeals!!);)

Cheers to this FT club for putting out such a challenging course, and specifically to Bill (I think) the course setter.
    I
    Cheers too to Tony "I've never shot a wrong target in my life, honest guv" Male and to Steve Cartledge for the company and banter. It was a pleasure shooting with you two.

Thanks too to Bootneck Bob for making me appreciate it's not only me who winds himself up over missed shots. He doesn't miss as many as me though, the git!

A great day. Thanks to all involved.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  2. Fatsnapper

Fatsnapper experiendum durius

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    Thanks must be given to Mark and Kathy Thompson for pushing me out of the muddy verge then helping me out with the bloody flat tyre that Mark spotted...cheers folks, much appreciated. Got back okay but it was tricky keeping my speed down to 45 on the motorway!! Nigel O

PS well done everyone especially the poor bloke who put the course out on his own in the p155ing rain yesterday

3. milek

milek Member

Club:
    Nomads
    Great day with great company. Thanks To Iain & Kieran for their encouragement around the course. Huge thanks to the course builder, you did a grand job.

4. Stew

Stew Member

Club:
    Nomads HFT
    Had a great day and for my first competition I didn't do too bad either... Lol

Thanks to those envolved in the organisation and running of the event today :)

5. Tye

Tye Shabba

Club:
    Moxons ARC, Tamworth SG,Welsh Covert SG, Whittington GC, Greyhound GC
    Well done all inc special mention to Big Bill who had to put the course out in ******* down rain on his own. Also his first attempt at HFT as a seasoned vet in FT. Purley Chase such a lovely surrounding. Great to chat to old faces how times have changed its all got too serious!!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  6. ianh1966

ianh1966 Member

Great day out but not so great shooting.....
    Equal personal PB but should have been more, but 1st in the raffle is another PB!!!

Well done to Tench on his 1st 'Genuine' 60 clear round, was a pleasure to shoot with you and Gordon and watch it happen.
    Shame that 1st 20mm caught you out Gordon or there would have been 4 in the shoot off...

Thanks to All at Purley Chase for the course, all involved in the organisation of the DMHS and special thanks to Burger Man for turning out to feed and water us all after what must have been a MEGA night on the lash!!!!

7. zippo1973

zippo1973 Member

Club:
    Furnace Mill HFT, Nomads HFT, Kingsley HFT
    What a great day out, throughly enjoyed myself, even if my score was crap. Many thanks to the course setters, and thanks to Matt who carried my mat for most of the course. (Mental note to self, don't bring kit you can't carry on your own)

8. Tone

Tone Member

Club:
    Bristol Aero & Quarry Hunters
    Well done to James for the win in the shoot off and also to Simon and Dave for the clears.

Great surroundings and great weather, well done to Bill from Purley for the hard work setting up and matt and Greg for the work behind the scenes.

Also to ash and Steve, my shooting partners.

All good and look forward to the next one.

Tony

9. freshman210

freshman210 Member

Club:
    Waddington
    Thank you Mick. Kieran and I had a great day and it was a pleasure to shoot with you. I hope your back to 100% soon, althought a 55 at only 80% an't half bad....

10. Mark T

Mark T Member

Club:
    Misfits HFT
    Glad to to help Nigel , a puncture is a pain in the a#rse at the best of times , last thing you need at the end of the day when you've got a bit of a journey home.
    As everyone else has said , big thank you to Bill for the course ,we really enjoyed it.

11. XTX

XTX XTX Air

Club:
    Nomads HFT
    Hats off to Bill for setting the course on your own, not an easy task!

Well done to Tench for his clear, a few of us were holding our breath when you were taking your last shot :shot:

Well done to all the winners, losers and everyone in between.

12. Tench

Tench WHFTA World Champion 2016.

Thanks to everyone involved from Purley chase club and the DMHS for putting on todays shoot. I really enjoyed shooting my first proper clear today! It was a bit of an anti-climax though, I have strived to clear a course yet it felt easy. I suppose you need to miss a few to make it feel hard so a clear is always going to feel like that.
    Gordon shot great too, always a pleasure to shoot with him, it was real shame that he dinked his first target yet came off with 59!
    Ian is shooting better at every event too which is a pleasure to watch, and today we identified a weakness in his kit that we can rectify to help him further.
    Simon won .22 again so it was a thoroughly enjoyable day all round and well done to all the winners and congrats to James for taking the top spot,,again!

13. Amac

Amac Active Member

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    I told you Simon, he is just lucky. Well done to you all! Hope you sort Ian's issue out.
    Frank

14. rover

rover Member

Club:
    Cloybank Phoenix / Dunfermline
    Cracking day well said
    Fantastic shooting with Ian and Simon both Genuine guys and a credit to HFT and it was a pleasure to have went round yet another course where one of my shooting partners has cleared it :) WELL DONE, as I was shooting with Nick Hopkinson last year when he cleared Cosford :rolleyes::)
    Well done to the three 100% Simon, James & Dave :lev
    1st time at Purley chase and what a lovely venue for HFT :D well worth coming down from Edinburgh to shoot :eek::p:rolleyes:
    Thanks to Purley Chase and the whole DMHS team :) LOVE IT :p

ps Ian you took some scalps today with that S200 when the balance at the front is sorted I think you'll be in the mix :)

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  15. Steve C.

Steve C. Steve C.

Well thank the gods that the weather improved 100% from Saturday:D Cheers to Ash and Tone for putting up with me who couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo yesterday.

Steve C.

16. Ash Bailey

Ash Bailey Herder of delinquent cats.

Club:
    Parkstone GC, Glevum, Nomads HFT.
    It's normally me!

You're welcome Steve - you're good company mate!

We all have off-days, mine are 363 or so every bl00dy year! :)

17. peter b

peter b Member

Club:
    BYLEY
    Cows arse---no change there then :D---- Banter all the bloody time:p:p
    Cheers pete

18. stillwater

stillwater Active Member

Club:
    KSG, Misfits
    Cracking day at Purley Chase, well done to Big Bill for putting the course out on his own, the other PC members should hang there heads in shame for not assisting him, I know PC is predominantly a FT club, however I am sure you will be happy for the £320 that Bill has put into the coffers for you from yesterday's competition.
    Well done to everyone that took home a medal or raffle prize.
    Neil Tatton wasn't there to collect his third place medal in the Vets.
    Neil it will be waiting for you at Chesterfield in December.

19. Dippy

Dippy Member

Club:
    Kibworth
    Thanks to Greg and the team for a most enjoyable day shooting, and to Bill for setting out the course on your own! And also to Simon Harrison - great shooting with you - you make range finding look easy!

Congratulations to all the winners - especially Simon Howarth on shooting his first clear round and David Nichols for a magnificent PB and taking home a trophy! Great to watch the Rivi boys in a shoot-off as well - always cool as cucumber!

Looking forward to the next round at Chesterfield...

20. swiftysue

swiftysue A sip of tea in the ocean

Club:
    Greyhound
    Results

Where are the results please guys?