Proud dad

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Jamesy, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Jamesy

Jamesy Weerach ninja

Club:
    Pontefract ARC.
    Most of you will know of my current health situation, and the fact that funds for various Cancer based charities have been raised by both friends of mine and even folks i have never met... i've received so many messages from folks saying i have been an inspiration, it has been very humbling, and made me so very proud. (Insert not worthy smiliey):)
    My Daughter has had a few "Run ins" with various teachers at her school over the last couple of years due to her breaking school dress code rules. I wear a couple of Cancer based wristbands and she has one too. They're against school health and safety rules so she removes it each day at school and then puts it back on again afterwards.:D
    She has a "Marie curie" badge too but this is allowed for some strange reason?:confused: Anyway, about a month ago she asked me about the possibilities of her doing a sponsored bike ride to raise money for the Marie Curie, she wanted to ride her bike from our house to Pontefract race course. Both me and Di didn't like the idea of her riding along a busy main road so suggested she ride around the Racecourse instead, it's 2 mile and 125 yards per lap. She decided to set a goal of doing five laps and they made some sponsorship forms up and she posted it on her Facebook page.:)
    Well today was the day, she and some friends from school went along to the Racecourse and they did the sponsored bike ride. Lots of family and friends turned out to cheer them on but unfortunately i'm still really sick and i wasn't able to go.:(
    After the first lap i got a text message from my sister saying that our Danielle had really struggled and didn't look like she was going to make the full five laps... she had the bike set on too high a gear apparently, some adjustment of the gears to the bike and she managed the full five laps.:cool:
    I'm so chuffed!:D
    Not sure how much they've raised as there was a few of them altogether, i'll post the total when i know what it is.

2. HotShot

HotShot Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    Sounds like she takes after you Paul - well done to her and her friends.

Dave.

3. Neil

Neil MFTA Winter League Champion 2011 and winner of som

That's top stuff Ninja.
    Hope you're feeling a bit better soon mate.
    Tell the pup she still owes me a quid, if she wants she can add it to the money she raised today.

4. Lofty

Lofty Member

Club:
    Iceni
    Congratulations to her .
    All the best to you and all your family.

Kindest regards,
    Lofty

5. Wayne65

Wayne65 Member

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    Strong

She has shown you today the fighting spirit that you have inside and once your back in the right gear those targets will be falling again.
    All the best pal
    Wayne:shot:

6. TOOL

TOOL Independent FT Pumper

Humber Bridge , Barrow-on-Humber in Bomber County
    Club:
    EFTA England
    Top post Ninja , and well done Dani !

Wristbands ? Health & Safety ffs :eek:o

7. johnharper

johnharper Member

Club:
    YORK FTC
    what a fantastic post this is i would say she has your fighting spirit a big massive well done to her and all her friends for having the courage to do it
    hope you are keeping ok paul aswell
    john

8. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    Marie Curie

Makes you wonder how any of us got through School?

Anyway, I know i dont look it, but i was a keen cyclist a few years ago in my somewhat slimmer days, yes really, i was only 13 stone once
    Well done to your young Lady on the ride.
    I am a supporter of Marie Curie making regular monthly donations, usually got the Daff on my shooting hat but it blew off at Mendips, must be why i missed so much.
    I would like to add another £5 to what ever she raised. Will i be able to give it to someone at Inters who can pass it on to you Paul to pass onto your daughter?

Well done again, hope things are improving by the day,

simon

9. TOOL

TOOL Independent FT Pumper

Humber Bridge , Barrow-on-Humber in Bomber County
    Club:
    EFTA England
    Are you doing Classic Si ?

10. NJR 100

Club:
    No Scott, sillys are not for me.

11. Jamesy

Jamesy Weerach ninja

Club:
    Pontefract ARC.
    Thanks for the replies everyone.:D
    Simon, no need to send any money over to me. If you want to add your own contribution then just sort it out the easiest way for you mate. Same goes for anyone else who might be thinking the same, make your own donation to either Marie Curie, Cancer research or any other organisation you wish... it's all going in the same direction and they are all worthy causes.:cool:

12. NJR 100

Club:
    ok, will send with my monthly contrabution. :)