Prostate Cancer

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Baltipal, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Baltipal

Baltipal New Member

Hi all, I am hopeing to make alittle money to help fight Prostate cancer. I have joined the MOvember group in growing our moustaches during the month of November & would be deeply appreciative of any cash donated.
    Donations can be made via Paypal, Credit or Debit cards on this site;

http://uk.movember.com/mospace/181579/

At this time of year there are many requests for charity, good causes one & all but each of us may already know someone who is suffering with this condition or who will contract in the future, a workmate, a friend or a family member.
    Please consider visiting the above site & making a donation, no matter how small. Just enter my name, 'Gregory Ralph' in the search box, no need to login or register & you should arrive at my donation page.
    Thank you all very much.

Greg

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  2. Gerry

Gerry Member

Club:
    None
    Greg ,

Good cause .

A couple of us from all over the world have also teamed up , " The Jaapies" and are also doing our whisker growing .

Pictures of the before are on Facebook , the first week progress will be posted soon .

Cheers, Gerry .:)

3. Baltipal

Baltipal New Member

Good luck to yer Mobro;)

4. Baltipal

Baltipal New Member

Picture Progress

I thought that you might want to see the 'Tache progress over the last three weeks;

Day One, Freshley shave but ready to grow
    http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc267/Baltipal/Tache%20Progress/tachprogress.jpg

Week One, I forgot to smile, hence the 'Most Wanted' look
    [​IMG]

Week Two, Getting Itchy now!
    [​IMG]

Week Three, 'Oh Yeah!'
    [​IMG]

Serious bit now lads.
    10,000 men a year in the U.K. DIE from Prostate Cancer & in my view that's 10,000 too many!
    It's true that no one donation of £5 or £10 will stop this desease in it's tracks but if a load of us gave just alittle it might make a difference.
    Donate alittle on my Movember site HEREhttp://uk.movember.com/mospace/181579
    Via Paypal, credit or Debit card, you have 10.000 reasons to do so!
    If you find yourself on the Movember Homepage instead of my Donation page, that's OK. Just put 'Gregory Ralph' into the search box & you will arrive by the wonders of modern technology where you are meant to be.
    Many Thanks!

5. Baltipal

Baltipal New Member

Here it is!

Here we are at the end of Movember & the end result is;

[​IMG]

There is still time to make a small donation to this very worthy cause. Like I said right at the beginning, we all probably know somebody, a workmate, a friend or even a family member who is effected by this condition, even the smallest donation could make a difference if enough people make the effort.
    And it is really no effort at all, just visit this site, http://uk.movember.com/mospace/181579
    And click on donate, either to me or my team.
    If you don't find my personal donation page when you do this don't worry, you won't need to register or login or anything like that. Just put my name, 'Gregory Ralph' into the search box & you will be taken there, easy!
    The site will be open for a few more days yet so don't think it's too late, your help will be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Greg

6. Baltipal

Baltipal New Member

Movember is over!

Righto, many thanks for all your interest & to those who contributed to the Cause.
    I raised £125 personally with your help & my team raised £3,492.22p.
    Here's alittle note from the Prostate Cancer Charity expressing their thanks taken from the Movember site;

Thanks from The Prostate Cancer Charity
    "As the 2009 Movember campaign comes to an end, I'm writing on behalf of The Prostate Cancer Charity to say a HUGE thanks for your fantastic efforts this year..."

No final figures have been sent to me so I can't tell you any totals but as over 45,000 of us in this Country were involved I think we can assume a substantial ammount.
    I'd like to thank Rob for allowing me to put this up here & if you want to remove this thread as a sticky in the near future, say by the start of the new year, just to allow my thanks to be viewed by as many as possible, that will be fine.
    Cheers all.;)