Proposals for changes in World Championship

Discussion in 'WHFTA Official forum' started by Pawel M, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Pawel M

Pawel M New Member

Club:
    KKST Kraków
    We would like to suggest a few changes concerning the World HFT Championship.
    Our ideas are known among some of you and already have the support of other countries from eastern Europe such as Czech Republic, Hungary, Latvia and of course Poland.

We propose that the World HFT Championship could be organized not only in UK but on a rotation basis ( like World Field Target Championship ) in subsequent years in subsequent countries which gather HFT shooters.

Another proposal is about holding the European and World Championships rotationally in subsequent years. For example in 2014 only the World Championships would be held, and in 2015 only the European Championships. The reason is that the shooters would not be forced to choose between two major events in one year. Having only one big event in the year, shooters would come in larger numbers than having two Championships in just few months time with additional national qualifying rounds.

European Championship were first organized in 2012 and became a great success. The attendance of the international teams and individual shooters was high.

The idea was presented to Pete Sparkes himself, but wasn't received very enthusiastically.

Another issue is the the ability to change the date of 2014 World Championship.
    Easter, the biggest Catholic feast takes place exactly during the World Championship.
    It will be very difficult to choose between Easter and the competition. Many of the top shooters from our country have already announced that they will not be able to participate at that time in the World Championship because of Easter.

Paweł Minorowicz
    member of the HFT Polish Team

2. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    What rules will your proposed Worlds and Europeans be held to?

Why don't you just organise a European Open instead at a more suitable date?

3. stillwater

stillwater Well-Known Member

Club:
    Misfits
    Although I can sympathise with you with regards to the Worlds being held over the Easter weekend I would have thought that this is unfortunately down to the fact that this is the weekend that the game fair is on and the only time that the venue is available.
    I would love to see the date and venue changed to the Midland game fair in Sept. However I don't think the FT lads that shoot the Euros at that venue would be to happy, even though it would spread out their world and European comps more over the year than have them both within a few weeks.
    As far as holding the Worlds in different Countries I am all for it but think it needs to be seriously thought about and needs to be talked through with Sparky and Co.

4. BOMBER

BOMBER Little French Maid

Leave it as it is for me reasons being if it was to move to foreign fields I dont think it would get the attendance.

5. Cosford

Cosford New Member

Club:
    Cosford
    why not approach the organisers of the Shooting show held at Stoneleigh on 14/15/16 Feb about holding it there , it is a much bigger event with All manufacturers attending.

6. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

We all know that when the FT worlds goes to another country they make the rules up to suit thier own shooters. The U.S one being a particular joke.

I know that there are a concrete set of WHFTA rules so that should be fine but i also think that we wouldn't get that many UK travelling shooters. I do agree with the OP to a point as our European friends are the ones always doing the travelling.

Personally i would travel if the HFT worlds was in another country.:)

7. Sparky

Sparky Ich dien Staff Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    Hi Pawal

Not sure why you think posting on here will benefit your request as I gave you our answer at the beginning of the year and explained my reasons why and my concerns.
    I also suggested that you host a European championship to see how well it would be attended.

Regarding alternating both competitions I don t think that this will increase numbers to ether competition, in FT they have the Euros every year at the Midland gamefair and I may be wrong but their Worlds every 2 years.
    Perhaps we do the opposite we have our Worlds every year at Kelmarsh and move the Euros to a different country every year/2years? Please let me know if you want me to look into other countries hosting the Euros and ill see what I can do.

This year we had 349 entries to the Worlds although you lads came over with good support 17 Polish and 11 Czech shooters, this a small amount compared to the overall entries and not being funny we cannot and would not change dates to suit 28 shooters.

Pete

8. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

I think moving the European HFT Championship around Europe every year is a brilliant idea as it would allow shooters who can't make the Worlds to shoot a large event to UKAHFT rules plus it will hopefully build up participation in other countries (not just those close to Poland) to a level where the idea of moving the Worlds outside the UK will have merit.

I should also point out that this is my personal view as I've not been involved with the WHFTA organisation for a few years, well apart from running the website :D

9. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

have to say that i think that's a great idea. I would travel for a Euro HFT shoot.:)

10. Dave Ramshead

Dave Ramshead England HFT Team squatter

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    wasn't the 2012 event on the MAD double header weekend?
    It's a clash which would likely rule out a chunk of UK based shooters who were willing to travel, unless they wanted a go at getting a title against what might be percieved as a shoot with fewer likely winners.
    The comment is not meant to cause offence, but the less naive could see it happening.

11. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

I think you're rght Dave......

Pawel, if you want to get UK shooters there then we would need to communicate to try and find a 'free' date.

12. teratopside

teratopside New Member

This is my personal opinion only, I agree that a European Championship on rotation is a great idea, given the distances it is achievable to do while maintaining a good presence from most EU nations, travel across some nations can be problematic due to differing laws but I have it on advisement that there is no right to impede the movement of shooters traveling within the EU with air rifles.

:shot: Getting 27 nations to paly together would be an excelent start! :D

13. Brian.Samson

Brian.Samson Allowed in Sales Staff Member

Club:
    Pontefract, Doncaster Airgun Range
    Advisement from who ?

14. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    You will need a European Firearms Pass if the country you rare travelling through required an air rifle to be listed on a FAC. Also like the Rep of Ireland the European Firearms Pass doesn't entitle you to travel freely, you have to gain permission first by means of a transit visa and get the European Firearms Pass stamped by the Authorities.

No country has any right to impede anyone travelling through it, but you have the right to ensure you do so legally and within the law. ;)

15. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Not sure who from, but at best it's like saying the words on a passport say the same, and although they do, you don't have defacto right of entry.

Obviously we know that if Scotland goes off, then they're going to have some suggestions to control entry with air rifles ;) (even if they manage to get let into the EU, which is far from a given, even if independence is gained)

Many countries require licenses at varying power levels. Some require EFP (which GB shooters can't get) for rifles over 6ft-lb, but in some countries the event can be large enough compared to the bureaucracy to enable temporary licenses for visitors. Some countries don't require anything. But no, you can't just wander around the globe with the idea you can travel freely and without penalty with an airgun.

Here's some info... might be out of date. Afaik France just upped their limit to 20J before a license is required.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_gun_laws

16. IanT

IanT New Member

I would be in full support a European competition on a rotational basis.

As some of us from Scotland have competed in Poland over the last couple of years we have been treated to some of the best HFT courses I have ever had the pleasure to shoot, their standards of organisation has been exceptional, and we have been made to feel very welcome having gone out of their way to make us feel part of their HFT community.

We have just returned from shooting the Polish international championship having flown with Easyjet, there is a standard form to fill in at check in as long as you have notified them prior to flying you do have to check in as early as possible but otherwise minimal problems.

For our sport to grow I believe we have to open it up to as many countries as possible and build relationships with our HFT counter parts.

Yours in sport
    IanT

P.S.
    If any one wants info on how we travelled please feel free to PM me.

17. BOMBER

I cant see masses of hft shooters from the uk wanting to travel abroad for a world or euro championships within the current economic climate and with the last euros clashing with a ukahft double header it did nothing to promote its uk based shooters from going. From the figures on the results page only scots from uk went to shoot the euros and in total 139 shooters took part in the competition. Its all based around the turnout numbers and i am afraid the numbers of overseas shooters do not justify the worlds moving in my opinion. Now a tour of uk like alternating every couple of years between wales, scotland and england would be ok:D

18. Cosford

Cosford New Member

Club:
    Cosford
    If this comp is a world event why are you all concentrating on the willingness of uk shooters to travel.
    should not equal concern be given to all nationality's and their travel,

19. BOMBER

If you look at the figures of attendance from the past worlds there would only be around 40 competitors without the uk shooters so not much of competition.

20. Cosford

Cosford New Member

Club:
    Cosford
    yes but if you have only held it at Kelmarsh in the UK how can you know what numbers you will get,