Project Tactical Indoor Practise Gun

Discussion in 'Tips, tricks and tutorials' started by Scratch, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Scratch

Scratch New Member

Hi guys.
    Cant say I have been active here for quite some time, but since I am currently doing a project on my practise airrifle I thought I could write a bit about it.

A couple of years ago I started doing long range shooting in Sweden were I live, and since then my airgunning hasnt been as active as I would like it to be, but since time is a limited factor in most peoples lifes, one has to prioritise ;)

However a couple of months ago I thought to myself that I didnt even practise enough target shooting with my centerfire rifles, that I had to do something about it, and of course my thoughts went to my airrifle which I have stucked away in my closet.

This is a tuned Feinwerkbau 300 universal I used in my fieldtarget days. In my mind these rifles are such beautiful pieces of engineering, and I dont think any springer in this powerrange comes close when it comes to accuracy, but then of course I am a bit biased towards the feinwerkbau 300 ;)

How much I like this rifle, its not a very good practise rifle for the type of long range tactical matches I shoot, so I decided to see if it would be possible to do something about it.

I took some measurements on one of the PSE E-tac stocks I have and realised that it would probably be possible to fit the Feinwerkbau into one of these. So of course I went and ordered a second one.

Now the rifle and the stock is taped up and the blank stock is ready to be drilled out

[​IMG]

I am going to use Devcon steel putty as a bedding compound.

[​IMG]

This will of course not be the most suitable fieldtarget rifle, but I think I will start going to those competitions together with my spotter who can rangefind the targets with his spottingscope using the good old milling technique.

I will try to post more pictures as the project moves along.

What do you guys think of the idea? :)

regards!
    /scratch

2. Jimbob 2705

Jimbob 2705 New Member

Looks Good! :cool:

Excited to see the end result ;)

3. Scratch

Scratch New Member

Nice to see that someone likes the idea :)
    Men and one of my mates are going to drill it out and bed it on Thursday.
    So hopefully on Friday I will have some more pictures to share. ;)

4. Scratch

Scratch New Member

Here is an update of the project.
    Yesterday me and a friend played dress up, since drilling/inletting in epoxy/resin isnt super healthy. It dusts quite severe. So we decided on full bodysuits and used a vaccuum cleaner during the whole process.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here the inletting is complete :)
    [​IMG]

Today I decided to carry on with the bedding. I taped all the parts that are not supposed to be in contact with the resin. Sprayed two layers of release agent on it, and the stock screws recieved some extra wax on them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If I now havent made a complete fool out of myself, and glued gun and stock together, it will hopefully look something like this. I took a photo of the Feinwerkbau before the bedding process together with some of my other rifles.

[​IMG]

After this I hopefully only have to bed the triggerguard and cut the stockscrews to proper length, the stock might also need a some touch ups with duracaot. Unfortunately I gave it a few marks during the inletting .:)

Regards!
    Scratch