Price guide? Buying advice please

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Barry, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Barry

Barry Member

Club:
    Iceni Marksmen
    I haven't got one, so this isn't one of those 'what should I sell it for' requests, but for those that know, what might I expect to pay for a used FWB P70ft ? gun only.

What would be folks recommendations for an FT rifle? I've had HW100 in a Ginb stock, Hammerli in own woodwork and an EVII. I have a bit of money coming my way,I'm not adverse to a bit of customisation and really like 'different'. I already know which scope I want.

Has the FTP900 settled down yet? Are used ones worth consideration or are they just being 'moved on'

Are older guns like the EVII predecessor (can't remember what they're called) worth considering?

Oh, and I also know I'm not spending £2k on a new, gun only deal as much as I'd like an Anschutz, Dommy or P800 ;)

Ta for advice
    Barry

2. Neil-T

Neil-T Boingers forever.

Club:
    Far Coley
    My advice would be to get what you like the look of and customise slightly to fit you properly, all FT rigs are as accurate as each other.

The predecessor of the EV2 is the Pro-Target, still a very good FT rig and widly used on the circuit.

Or you could be a real shooter and get a springer.

Good luck, and enjoy your shooting.

Neil.

3. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    P70

Price about £ 800 to £ 850 . heavy rifle though , so if you are gonna add a MK111 Niko , you had better start working out .

FT rifle . A MK4 EV2 with a good after market stock would be good , but obviously you need to shoot it first and see how it goes . older than that . A Pro target for around the £ 450 mark . lighter than that , a MPR , good rifles but no reg . still get 50 good shots though , so enough to do a big course . anschutz 2002 , hard to find , but hard to beat at around the £ 650 to £ 750 mark . daystate MK 3 . MK4 , careful though cos if they go peter tong , they can come to money . if you get a good nikko MK111 then any one of these rifles will take you anywhere you want to go . luck and good shooting . HOLLY:)

4. Barry

Barry Member

Club:
    Iceni Marksmen
    Thanks both :)

So not £1799.00 that a certain reputable dealer are asking then Holly?

Barry

5. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Said

I should have said barry these are secondhand prices . you don't want to buy new untill you know Exactly what you want ??? HOLLY

PS a new FWB X will set you back just short of three grand ?

6. Barry

Barry Member

Club:
    Iceni Marksmen
    Thanks Holly. The FWB I've seen is second hand :eek:

I'll have a better look at those you've mentioned ta.

Barry

7. Lofty

Lofty Member

Club:
    Iceni
    Holly, if I'm correct Barry was talking about a s/h FWB P70 @ about £1800 .

Lofty

8. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Ahh

Ah i am talking of the older P70 as shot by andreas . . did not know they called the new one that . Jon harris say's that the New FT model has problems . and it is better to get the X model . which he then converts . sorry for the confusion . ??? HOLLY:eek::)

9. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    Power upgrade Option - New Buy

A Fwb 800 (10m) can be had...for New...delivered to your doorstep for £985

... but perhaps £50 to £100 off, if you ask for a discount as you dont want front & rear diopters. Also ask that Fwb factory swap the "L" cocking lever for "X" lever- should be no price difference.

Add some Forex conversion (bad rates offered by your UK bank even if £ is on a tear against Euro
    ie: GBP £1 = 1.27); wire transfer fee, etc...a tad over £1K , or just under (if you get the discount).

Get Jon to mod to 11.8 ft/lb - call him for a quote ...you'd be surprised & chuffed ;)

HOW ??

Woodstock AND stabilisor included in this model > http://www.euroshooting.eu/en/index.php?detail=800Basic

http://www.feinwerkbau.de/en/Sporting-Weapons/Air-Rifles/Model-800-Basic

"The Model 800 Basic is the reasonably priced option for all shooters who want to combine the precision of the well-tried 800 series with versatility.

The high-quality trigger with its possibilities for adjustment of the series of the model 800 together with the universal stock of solid beech wood of ambidextrous design allow a wide range of possible application.

It goes without saying that the Model 800 Basic is equipped with a patented inner absorber and with the Feinwerkbau precision sight. The cheek piece is adjustable in height and the butt plate is also adjustable in height. The rail mounted in the stock can be fitted witg a shooting sling support (special accessories)."

I would say, all in , under £1400, or perhaps £1300.... anyway, thats my actual plan for my 3rd Fwb800

HTH.

:lev

PS: I plan to fit the action after mod to one of many Fwb Mod700 laminate stocks one can find on eGun :D

...this is what it would look like as a another option - buying brand new > http://euroshooting.eu/en/index.php?detail=32256 > £1275 , and repeat above steps Ive mentioned..

[​IMG]
    image upload no size limit

[​IMG]
    free upload pictures

Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
  10. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    Yes, the new FT model , does NOT have the absorber, so shoots & groups like all other air rifles. The ABSORBER is a must ... this part , its about £100.

Fwb skimped & probably wanted a heftier profit margin; I will speak to them at IWA 2015 about this (but doesnt concern me as my 2 are 10m Power Mods.)

11. sven

sven Member

Club:
    FT Schalkhaar / SSV Ons Genoegen
  12. Barry

Barry Member

Club:
    Iceni Marksmen
    That's the one Sven. I 'e' mailed them to check they'd got the price right, the 'curt' reply was 'the price is correct'.

I believe I'm sorted now, I'm buying 'British' (I hope) ;)

but thanks for everyone's help on this.

Barry

13. ascoughc

ascoughc Member

U cant go wrong with an ev2 mk2 onwards, think theres an ev2 mk4 for sale on the forum for 600 notes

14. james graham snr

james graham snr Member

Club:
    Bedlay airgun club