Price estimate on a stock..

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by 5teve L, May 17, 2009.

1. 5teve L

5teve L STOP ! HAMMER TIME !

Club:
    The Oaks & Horsham hawks
    I'm thinking of selling myleft hand laminate Gary Cane stock, at the moment i'm still undecided but i think it's to heavy for HFT, it's more of an FT stock.
    I will be giving it another chance after using the MK4 for a while but if after that i still don't get on with it i think it will sadly have to go :(
    Unless of course i can think of a way of lightening it a bit, still keeping the balance.

So this post is just to get an idea of what to ask for it if i sold it, i paid £535 for it & as far as i know it's a one off, but i don't suppose i'll get anywhere near that back...

Cheers
    Steve

2. steveggg

steveggg Trainee Grumps

Steve, try the general rule of thumb, 2/3 rds of what it cost you, I know it hits the wallet, but I never expect to recover the cost of a Custom Stock.

3. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

Steve that is a very nice stock pity its for an AirArms:p:p:p:D:D:D

4. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

Can Gary Cane not modify it into something moe HFT friendly? A bit shallower and lighter maybe?

Ryan

5. 5teve L

Club:
    The Oaks & Horsham hawks
    Already on that Ryan, emailed Gary yesterday & he said if he can see the way i shoot then maybe he can get some idea on what needs to be taken off, he said that would be worst case & he would obviously need to charge me for this, he suggested that he could take some of the wood from inside & that would be FOC.
    I really do love the stock but as it stands I think I'm struggling with it, I'm trying the MK4 to see if i get on better with a more conventional stock shape before I even think about getting it chopped or selling it though.

Cheers

Steve

6. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

Steve, It no use letting someone who doesn't shot HFT tell you where you need the wood removing.

If you are unsure yourself then ask a few HFT shooters to look at you shooting it, then let them try it themselves & see if you can come to a decision how it needs modifying.

If you decide you like the shape then you can have some wood easily removed from the inside but the problem is most of the weight that you can remove will be from in front of the trigger guard, if you like a rifle with more weight at the back then this is fine but I prefer them to be more front heavy.

7. 5teve L

Club:
    The Oaks & Horsham hawks
    I suppose thats true Pete, I will try to get someone to take a look, it may be that it's just my style rather than the stock. It could deffo do with being a little lighter though..

8. Feral

Feral New Member

Get it sorted Steve, don't sell it unless you really have to, you'll struggle to replace it!