Power Adjuster

Discussion in 'Steyr' started by zahed2010, Feb 27, 2014.

1. zahed2010

zahed2010 Member

Club:
    Casleton FT Club
    I made a small adjustment to my Steyr. I was always concerned with having an adjuster that was exposed and therefore capable of being' unintentionally' adjusted. I designed a cover which I had 3D printed and inserted brass inserts into the trigger shroud.

I can now still reach the power adjuster, but it needs the cover removed first, before an adjustment can be made. Just makes my rig a little more secure.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers Z. :)

Attached Files:

2. Howie54

Howie54 New Member

Club:
    Grampian Air Rifle Club
    Looks ok but personally have never had any problem with the adjuster

3. Stephen1

Stephen1 New Member

Could you tell me what models come with the adjuster screw exposed? I have the lg110 high power and you can't get to the velocity adjuster without removing the stock. My dad wants one in fac but we're not sure which model comes with the adjuster exposed? Cheers

4. BDL

BDL Dangerous

Club:
    Blaenau Gwent
    The LG110FT is exposed

Never had an issue with it getting accidentally moved, you need a small bar or Allen key to adjust and it is under tension too.

Bri

5. matt goodson

matt goodson New Member

I've done a similar thing to my lg100 with an aluminium plate to give it a degree of 'anti tamper'.
    Yours looks better than my attempt though, I may copy it.

6. zahed2010

zahed2010 Member

Club:
    Casleton FT Club
    I had mine 3D printed, you're welcome to the STL file. Cost about a fiver to have printed.

7. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

In 10 years i've never had mine move and it requires an allen key to adjust. With the external power adjuster fitted there should be a small rubber piece located under the locking screw that allows the tightness of the external power adjuster screw to be set without allowing the screw to damage the adjuster head/threads.

A lot of the paranoia started with concerns that the police could take a rifle and easily adjust the power above the legal limit and then nick you as it's 'capable' of going over power. A load of poo in my opinion as almost all rifles can be put over the limit.