Pondering Serious Question

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by TOOL, Feb 23, 2013.

1. TOOL

TOOL Independent FT Pumper

Humber Bridge , Barrow-on-Humber in Bomber County
    Club:
    EFTA England
    Afternoon Pilchards !

Can someone answer the following question please ?

If a shooter / person lets his or her membership lapse or fails to pay their membership halfway through a competitive season I.e. W/L or GP series do their scores still count during the series / league ?

Whether that be their total rolling scores or the section / attained scores were they ceased to hold current membership of an affiliated club ?

Also

How does this effect insurance ? Or not ?

Your thoughts please ?

Ten Four , Rubber Sprout , Over and Out !!!

Tool

2. Mr P

Mr P Active Member

Club:
    Castle
    Twood appear that having a current BFTA card suffices Mr T, this runs April to April ish(said person FORGOT to re-new membership) this is accotding to BFTA head honchos.

3. Neil

Neil MFTA Winter League Champion 2011 and winner of som

Not true.
    Shall we deal in fact or ********?

4. Mr P

Mr P Active Member

Club:
    Castle
    Only what I was told last time out neil

5. Neil

Neil MFTA Winter League Champion 2011 and winner of som

i have a current BFTA card, for Nefta, why do my scores count in the MFTA winter league, because to qualify you have to be a current member of a MFTA club, nothing to do with BFTA card.

6. SIMONH

SIMONH Giddy Kid

Scott - Your insurance is with Anston now - from when you paid your membership

Your score/grade I believe is valid if you have a valid BFTA card. I have already applied for your 2013/14 BFTA card

Paula

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  7. johnharper

johnharper Member

Club:
    YORK FTC
    i suppose it would depend on the head people of the said organisations involved
    but i also can't see how you would forget to pay your subs unless you had a bang on the head off flying root veg
    john

8. Mr P

Mr P Active Member

Club:
    Castle
    I agree with you neil I did not make any decisions saying that someone with no club should have scores that count

9. TOOL

Club:
    EFTA England
    Thanks Paula my little ray of moon beam x

10. TOOL

Club:
    EFTA England
    I'm a fully paid member of Castle and Anston , and acctually paid my membership to Anston prior to my Redfearns membership expiring !

It's just a general question and not about me switching clubs John my little Gilly lookalike !

11. johnharper

johnharper Member

Club:
    YORK FTC
    well answerd my root veg hero, gillly still my hero aswell
    john

12. Mr P

Mr P Active Member

Club:
    Castle
    Just looked through every rule book i can find and not found anything that even says you have to be a member of a club to be a member of the BFTA,please point me to the relevent document that states otherwise.

13. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    How does one become a member of the BFTA without being a member of a club, which is in a region that's affiliated to the BFTA?

Are there any FT clubs operating that are not affiliated to the BFTA?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  14. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

Or if a turnip falls and nobody is around to hear it, does it make a noise?

15. JamesO

JamesO Active Member

I suspect every club has different memberships rules regarding renewal and late payment of subs, and those should satisfy any insurance requirements.

The league you are competing in will have rules on changes of club membership and periods of non membership of any club, so NEFTA WL rules or MFTA WL rules for example.

As far as I know no individual is a member of the BFTA only the regions are members and the clubs are members of the regions and the shooters are members of clubs. You can be a member of the NSRA though.

Could be quite wrong on all of the above:confused:

Not sure if this is anything to do with root veg but I suspect trying to get a straight answer from one may be the best root to take...

James

16. Mr P

Mr P Active Member

Club:
    Castle
    Looked on MFTA cannot see any rules period also looked on BFTA website cannot see any rules at all refrence club or bfta membership

17. nostromo

nostromo New Member

Ayup Lads, after reading some of the replies to Mr Tools' original post, I wonder if i am on the same planet as these people? Do we, as clubs, have rules? If we do, do we follow these rules? If not, we ignore them at our peril. As a wise man once said, A Joke is a Joke, but F@ck a Pantomime !
    If a person thinks that he can "forget" to pay his membership subscriptions for FIVE months, and still remain a member of his chosen club, that person is taking the Urine!
    As Treasurerof Castle FTARC, I have full records, which are available to any member.
    P.S., If I have "ruffled any feathers" I don't give a flying f***.
    Best Regards, Jim.

18. thesmokindog

thesmokindog New Member

Club:
    Castle FTARC
    If this post is about one member of Castle FTARC, which I assume it is then an open forum is no place to voice your opinions. This is Castle business and as some replies are from committee members, then you should all know better. May I please ask the admin of this forum to close this thread down before it gets personal and out of hand.

Andy Gough
    Secretary Castle FTARC

19. ChrisJ

ChrisJ Member

Club:
    EAST DEVON FTC
    To gain your BFTA shooter registration card the club you BELONG to submits your name along with the current certificate of club insurance.. This proves to the BFTA that your are covered on the club insurance scheme to shoot in national competitions by holding a current BFTA card.. Now if your membership of said club lapses how can you shoot in competitions as you no longer hold insurance to shoot. To hold a BFTA card you have to belong to a BFTA affiliated club within a region. No club ,No insurance,no BFTA, No points for championship as far as i am concerned.. But I am only guessing..

20. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    Quite right El Capitano, none of us are members of the Bfta, only the regions are!