BFTA Poll : Pre-pay only for BFTA events?

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by RobF, Jun 26, 2018.

?

Would you be in favour of it?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Brian.Samson

Brian.Samson Allowed in Sales Staff Member

Club:
    Doncaster Airgun Range
    Yup - that'd work too.

If you cancel in good time before online booking closes then you won't be on the naughty list - if you leave it longer than that you'll end up causing the host region potentially a lot of work - so why shouldn't you contribute to the cost?.

I vote for this.

2. Yorkshiretea

Yorkshiretea B Grade Bandit

Club:
    Anston FTC
    Just £300 down then ;) I'll update all the lists for every event now.

3. AIRFIX GILLY

AIRFIX GILLY WFTA World Champion 2012

Club:
    Castle
    Maybe all clubs hosing a GP should be given a standard fee, let’s say £900.
    This is set by the BFTA. All respective clubs then at least know how much revenue they will receive for their efforts. Furthermore, it also makes it a fair distribution of revenue with each club receiving the same. So no show shooters won’t effect the club financial.

I personally wouldn’t want to pre pay and don’t think it a good idea. It would probably cost money to set up somewhere down the line.
    Book in on line is great so continue with that.

Maybe people who have booked but fail to attend and don’t make Martin or club aware they won’t be attending should be fined £5 next time they attempt to book into a gp. The online booking system could be set up to flag these people up. If people do cancel correctly then no action is taken.
    At the very least this may make people cancel and free up a place.

Gilly.:)

4. Brian.Samson

Club:
    Doncaster Airgun Range
    Yeah why not?. Put a list up and a Payment link - if you pay for your cancellation your name comes off the naughty list.
    If you don't you have to explain to all your mates why you're such a selfish twonk

5. Yorkshiretea

Club:
    Anston FTC
    And they have to pay online, you're a cruel man Brian :)

6. KevCresswell

KevCresswell New Member

Club:
    Anston
    Hold on a bit my gun bag settup didnt cost 800 quid im only a poor person but yes i understand what u say martin i go to bri for a sub for extra 3 quid

7. Brian.Samson

Club:
    Doncaster Airgun Range
    If you've got an £800 gun bag, you can pay your own £3 kev

top gun phil and KevCresswell like this.
  8. Yorkshiretea

Club:
    Anston FTC
    Has he got 3 FTP 900's in that bag Bri?

top gun phil and Brian.Samson like this.
  9. Darron

Darron Dwarf Slayer

Club:
    Blackbrook FTC
  10. Darron

Darron Dwarf Slayer

Club:
    Blackbrook FTC
  11. KevCresswell

KevCresswell New Member

Club:
    Anston
    I wish i had a 800 quid bri haa

top gun phil likes this.
  12. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    This is a thread regarding a poll asking people’s opinions on pre-paying for a bfta go shoot.

There will always be arguments about it as everyone has a opinion which is needed.

The stats show that we are finding people booking places and not turning up.

The nelson gp alone had 18 people not show. Several got in touch and explained why which is great the rest didn’t.

For all the effort put into that event 109 people attended and shot. Which is a shame as numbers in other regions are always high. It was a lot of work for not a great reward to the hosting club.

At least with a pre-pay system the region would have gained more money from the event which would have been rewarding to all involved.

So let’s play nicely on here as we all make up the bfta as it’s members..

Berty

Scootah, geoff, RAMBO and 3 others like this.
  13. DeanB

DeanB Active Member

Club:
    Harriers FTC
    Good that opinions are being sought. I'm not bothered whether we use cash or pre-pay. Pay and shoot either way. I would suggest that if someone does not have the courtesy to inform the organisers that they won't be shooting then they lose the right to shoot the next GP. Once booking has been closed for a shoot, what is the procedure to inform the organisers that you won't be attending? For example, if you are involved in a car accident on the way to a shoot, is there a number that can be called easily to inform the organisers that you can't attend? Or, is it a case of contacting friends at the shoot (but they might be shooting already).

top gun phil likes this.
  14. Yorkshiretea

Club:
    Anston FTC
    Sweet.

Not keen on this as I'm a reasonable fella.

Please contact us here Contact | The BFTA

15. loopyloo

loopyloo Member

Club:
    Bisley
    Ok guys and girls
    I am that poor stats person that is right in the middle of preparing cards sessions names. I got the list of am and pm shooters on Monday evening it is now Thursday and I started writing the cards last night I shall also be writing tonight and possibly tomorrow. Before I got the list from robot Shaun I was approached at a previous shoot to see if people could be be moved I was asked can I just turn up as I haven't booked into either. I also have had 5 emails either cancelling or wanting to move to p.m. plus a couple of texts cancelling as well this was all before getting the official sheet. We may have a system to cancel beforehand but some people bypass this and come straight to the hosting Club. Obviously if I've got this info in time I can implement it. I've had one cancellation that came last night/today I think he actually emailed anyone who'd listen as I was told 4 times he's cancelled. if he had booked and paid I would be inclined to give him his money back because he actually bothered to notify me.

See you all Sunday Loopy

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2018
  16. Adam

Adam Well-Known Member

Club:
    Redfearns & the UBC
    So we already have a system of online pre-booking only. What is being suggested is pre-payment too. This is the standard for almost any other event with advance booking these days.
    The minority of people with little or no internet access are already catered for by the facilty to group book. Adding the need for payment doesn't change that apart from the question of reimbursing the person who did the booking. There is a question of cost of the online payment service, paypal fees etc but what is often forgotten is that cheques and cash have cost too. Counting cash, taking cash or cheques to the bank, inconvenience, cost of fuel, security of carrying a couple of grand cash from shoot to home to bank.

Yes there's a consideration of those losing out, who have to back out through unforeseen circumstances: illness, family crisis etc. Maybe refunds could be considered in exceptional circumstances?

We've got to move with the times though, e.g. I don't think I've filled out a cheque for 5 years. Automated systems give the future possibility of saving stats a lot of work. For example, you book and pay and your card is pre-printed and posted. That's your event ticket. No card, no shoot. It has a barcode on it, which is scanned when you turn up to the shoot. It's scanned again when you hand it in. The system could OCR the scores and work out the rankings etc. All this is tech that's around now. Obviously there's significant setup costs and effort in all this, but it's all just ideas for the future.

Scootah, C.Eaton, Darron and 4 others like this.
  17. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    Anyone know the barcode for a 48/50 in open class?

RAMBO, EV2UK, loopyloo and 3 others like this.
  18. Adam

Adam Well-Known Member

Club:
    Redfearns & the UBC
    :)
    The barcode would just be a unique card id.

19. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    How do you put your score onto it, if you are gonna scan it to do the scores?

20. Adam

Adam Well-Known Member

Club:
    Redfearns & the UBC
    No it’s just a regular card which you’d write on in pen just as now, but with a barcode. The barcode is unique to that card, which is linked to the shooter and the comp round in the database. All I’m saying is the system could detect X or O in each cell from a photo or scan. Of course the ultimate would be fully electronic. It’s peripheral to the discussion, just a possibility for the future, for which the tech exists now.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    C.Eaton likes this.