Pistols

Discussion in 'UKAHFT Official Forum' started by D Martin, Jan 9, 2010.

1. D Martin

D Martin Non member

I've been thinking of buying another pistol to have a go this season but really don't know what to get as pistols that I've had in the past haven't lasted long with me as I've never shot one that I've really liked.
    I don't fancy a precharged as for me they are too expensive for what use I'd get out of it.The co2 bulb type wasn't any good for me either.I was thinking of getting another single stroke overlever like the HW40 or Gammo Compact.

Thing is I used to shoot the real thing years ago in the 80s and an air pistol just doesn't seem to hit the excitement button if you know what I mean.

Just wondering since the UKAs have had the pistol shoots how many of you have purchased one ?

If you do shoot one are you as dedicated with your pistol as you are with your rifle ?

What have you got and is it any good for the job ?

Like me are you thinking of buying one for the UKAs and what have you looked at ?

If I do get one I don't want to go so cheap that it's no good and I can't hit anything with it but don't fancy spending £150ish just to sell it on again a couple of months later because I either don't like it or it's not getting used.:rolleyes:

What do you think guys ?

Dave

2. Sparky

Sparky Ich dien Staff Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    Me and Jane bought a bargain Falcon pistol after Darren Lindsey gave me the heads up on a shop selling them cheap.

Pete

3. Dave Ramshead

Dave Ramshead England HFT Team squatter

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    Dave, was in BAR this morning and had a look at the Webley Alecto.

It's like a chunkier version of a HW40 in abs, but the grip is a really nice shape like the Gamo compact.

Power is 3ft lb with 1 pump, 5ft lb with 2 pumps and just under the limit with 3. Looks quite nicely made for a £170 pistol - well worth a look.

link to agw, it's not on BAR site yet but are in stock.
    http://airgunshooting.co.uk/latestnews-details.aspx?id=121

4. stillwater

stillwater Well-Known Member

Club:
    Misfits
    Dave I was lucky enough to recieve a Webley Alecto from Santa for xmas, can bring it along next weekend if you want to take a look

ATB

Greg

5. D Martin

D Martin Non member

Nice one I've seen this Webley advertised and it does look good...thanks Greg I'll take you up on that mate.

Dave

6. w-v-m

w-v-m Member

Club:
    Missed it's
    Gamo compact at 3ftlbs is not man enough for the longer 'non pistol' targets, (the Lea Valley targets were also use at MAD last year, the rest of the comps used normal hft targets i believe),accurate though (got one I could sell,as has Guy G.)

Rohm Twin Top is the same,, accurate but a bit flasher I used both last year and won the open sights comp, but mainly because i shot all events bar one:eek:.

I've also got an Alecto to use this year, much better at 5+ftlbs, for the longer targets, not really used it yet but hope to get happy with it for March:rolleyes:

Wayne

7. bigwalk

bigwalk Member

Alecto

Had a shot with one at the club on Thursday , very accurate 1/2 group at 20 yards rested with a red dot . Can't realy fault it foe £170 , it being plastic not sure off it's service life?

8. Adam

Adam Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns & the UBC
    Another vote for the Alecto if you don't want PCP. I've had an extended play with one and it puts the pellets in the right place. Put a cheap red dot on the top (weaver) rail, give it two pumps and it'll do the business.

9. Scoch

Scoch HOW!!!

Club:
    Tayside Airgun Club
    Bought a Rohm twinmaster sport to have a bash at it on the clubs pistol course, its a great piece of kit out to 10 yards. Give me a rifle and a scope anyday though.

10. D Martin

D Martin Non member

I've been looking at the Cometa Indian today and really like the look of this....not precharge,not co2, not a single stroke, a springer I know but supposed to have little recoil and puts out enough power to turn those knockdowns over (providing I could hit them:rolleyes:)

The point of pistols for me is having more fun and I really fancy one of these as I always had a spring pistol in my teens and loved it. Might take a closer look when I get paid soon.

Has anybody had a go with one of these and does enybody know who sells them round my area ?

http://www.cometaairgun.com/en/cometa_pistolas.html

Dave

11. Knockedover

Knockedover CSFTA Champ

Blimey Dave you managed to find the ugliest pistol in the world!! Its that ugly you may as well write Daystate down the side of it and be done with:D:D

12. D Martin

D Martin Non member

You've got some need to talk you shoot a bloody Steyr......YUCK!!!!!!!

Dave

13. D Martin

D Martin Non member

Ok guys I've gone and done my own thing again and have decided to buy (the ugly one)...spring powered with open sights....even though I may live to regret it and wished that I'd gone with the advise given and chose to buy a precharge with scope:rolleyes:that's me all over,gotta be different:)
    Anyway I'm picking up the cometa indian in .177 flavour in the morning. I'll be shooting it as per UKAHFT rules from 8-25 yard, so a bit of advise please you pistol shooters out there....what distance will I be best off zeroing it to ?

Dave

14. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

Middle for diddle Dave....about 15yds.

15. D Martin

D Martin Non member

Cheers Chris;)
    Went to Euroguns to collect it this morning and had a go on their indoor 10m pistol range before I left....like a kid with a new toy...big smile BIG SMILE!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

Dave

16. Knockedover

Knockedover CSFTA Champ

Dave asked me to post the pictures of his groups for him as he wasn't sure how to host them, so here they are...Daves groups at 10m:)

[​IMG]

some of them hit that 12inch kill Dave :D:D:D:D

17. D Martin

D Martin Non member

PMSL:D:DNice Vinny.

You've no idea how close to the truth you are mate;):D:DI need a lot of practise:rolleyes:

Dave