Pistol damage.

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by D Martin, Feb 7, 2010.

1. D Martin

D Martin Non member

At the club today and enjoying a bit of practise on the pistol range getting used to my recently purchased nice bit of well made sturdy kit,the Cometa Indian pistol.
    One of the things that drew me to this pistol in the first place apart from the reasonable price was the fact that it is built mainly from metal and not plastic like most modern pistols and would therefore last me years.....but I forgot, I have a son.
    Ryan had a go with the pistol and on his second ever shot with it let go of the cocking arm while compressing the spring (not a hard job to any regular person) which sprung back and hit the breach and slide which is one of the few plastic parts on this pistol......you guessed it.....metal is harder than plastic and the whole of the breach loading block including the probe and seal snapped clean off and cannot be repaired.:mad:
    I'm gutted:(

Dave

2. Knockedover

Knockedover CSFTA Champ

Must.....Not.....Take....Piss........Resist the urge.......

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......:p:p

Sorry Dave:eek: Bad luck mate:( Can't you get a spare part or is it completely knackered??

3. D Martin

D Martin Non member

I'll have to get in touch with Cometa this week and see if they'll sell me a breach block/probe and slide after I've had a look if the pistol will strip down to replace it.
    If not then I might go back to my second choice and see if anybody is parting with a Weihrauch HW40.(wished I'd done that in the first place now)
    Ryan has said that he'll put some towards it as he's gutted that he broke the Cometa but hey accidents happen and I can't take money off the kid, he doesn't get much now, so it looks like I'll have to wait until I get paid again no matter what the outcome.:(

Dave

4. D Martin

D Martin Non member

PMSL Just noticed the signiture......Pete or Pete I guess:D:D

Dave

5. Knockedover

Knockedover CSFTA Champ

The larger of the 2 mainly:rolleyes: I've had months of abuse and alterations....bloody mods have too much power anyone would think they where on the BBS or something:D:D

6. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

Nah if it was the BBS they would have banned you by now:p:p:p:p:D:D:D

7. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

I wondered how long it would take you to notice.

8. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

Be afraid.......be very afraid :eek::D:D