Photography question

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Steve, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Steve

Steve Member

I took approx.100 pictures on new years eve with a Canon 500D on a 32GB. 6 speed SD card.The last 25 pictures the camera says "cannot display image"I have taken a picture since then and these are displayed fine,as are all the pictures previous to those.Any ideas why this is or how I can get to view the images.The images where definatley captured because they came onto the screen on the camera.Thanks in advance hopefully,as the misses is moaning:rolleyes:
    Steve

2. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    If you put the card back into the camera now, can you view the image?No? What about on your Pc?

You did not change the settings to Raw ?

e-mail a pic.

3. Delphinus

Delphinus New Member

Club:
    CTC
    Probably your card has a corrupted file system. Unfortunately the preview of the image in the camera can’t guaranty that the file is OK.

I recommend that you make a full copy of the card and then that you use a program to verify and correct it and after make another copy with your fingers crossed.

Finally with your camera make a full format of the card.

4. NJR 100

Club:
    Dont foramt the card until you have recovered the images as otherwise getting anything back will be almost impossable.

5. Steve

Steve Member

No I cant see them on the camera or the pc.I didn't change the setting to raw and most of the pics where taken on full auto.
    Thanks for your reply though.:)

6. Steve

Steve Member

I have a card recovery programe on my desktop,but when I put this card in the card reader I get an I/O error,I know the card reader works fine because I tried an xd card in it.Just goes from bad to worse really:rolleyes:I had formatted the card in the camera,but its looking like I have a bad SD card,but I know very little on this subject.

7. Delphinus

Delphinus New Member

Club:
    CTC
    First you recover the information then you format!

Clean the card contacts with the same fluid that you use to clean your scope glass and try it again in your camera.

Go to your card maker website and look for a recover program, the top brands have proprietary software for that but be careful some do a low level format that will destroy the data permanently.

8. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    had this before... unfortunately they couldnt be recovered... the card seemed to have a dead area... it was a cheapy my parents bought for xmas. Same message. Hope you can get them back, but an inkling might be to check their file size, my corrupted ones where a lot smaller than the others.

now i only use sandisk's bought from reputable places like amazon (and i make sure it's amazon and not a reseller)... there's a lot of good fakes out there and i won't chance anything else again (after having a problem with fakes off ebay as well)

9. NJR 100

Club:
    Although on the whole they are great cards, Sandisck extrmeare the only cards i have problems with and as it happens they were the Sd card. The supplied recovery disk got the imagaes back but mid wedding it was a bit of a panic:eek:

I use Iintegral I-Pro Cf cards and have not lost an image.

10. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    haven't had any probs with mine, but good to know there's another out there. Just beware of fakes, because they are bloody good (holograms, packaging, serials, the lot...)

11. Delphinus

Delphinus New Member

Club:
    CTC
    Some cards don t work with some cameras firmware, when buying a new one it s a good policy to search the web for reported problems.