Phones on firing line.???

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Neil-T, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Neil-T

Neil-T Boingers forever.

Club:
    Far Coley
    This is aimed at the MFTA rules which I have looked at but can't find anything.

Me and young Jamie Baker were shooting at MFTA Winter league at Harriers when we were approached and young Jamie was told to put his mobile phone away. It was on silent and he was not talking on it, just texting. This upset Jamie a bit and I didnt want it to affect his shooting any more than necessary as he is new and not shooting well at the best of times.

I have seen lots of people using them recently, sometimes to take pictures of their cards to post on Facebook and other social media.

So can someone clarify if there is a rule in MFTA about mobile phones on the firing line.

Thanks Neil.

2. RAF

RAF Member

Club:
    mill ride
    well Neil, I set mine to silent , but I do use it to take a few pics (when I get the chance ) , I put them on my FT air gunners site, Mill ride or Black brook...just to give people who couldn't make it on the day a glimpse of what went on..I cant see any harm in him texting as long as it was on silent ( & not beeping every time he pressed a key ) which some shooters could find annoying ..

3. spartan

spartan Member

Hi Neil, Was he approached by one off the marshals trained by the Gestapo?, whos sole ambitions in life appears to be, to annoy everyone they come in contact with!!!, i can imagine how he was spoken to, There are ways and means of talking to people!!.

naimboy, PA410goodshot and ellis d like this.
  4. Yorkshiretea

Yorkshiretea B Grade Bandit

Club:
    Anston FTC
    How silly does this sport have to get before it's driven even the most committed to stay indoors, talk about focussing on the wrong stuff. You should be more worried about the numbers being 50% down than worrying about phones, fu fu powder and people chucking leaves.

The sport needs to grow some balls and talk to people directly rather than introducing a load of rules we don't need. I remember when FT was fun.

5. Ratinator

Ratinator member of the 39 club , twice

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    All Mfta winter league and summer leagues are shot to bfta main shoot rules.
    I was wrong when I polity pointed out to young Jamie that mobiles are not allowed on the firing line , it reads they should be turned off or silenced.
    I’ll apologise to him in person on Sunday , unless you have a number for him and I’ll text him .
    Simon

DazF, Mlw, Steviek and 12 others like this.
  6. Neil-T

Neil-T Boingers forever.

Club:
    Far Coley
    It's ok Simon. He fully understands that the phone should be on silent, and I told him that I would check the rules for him. Thanks for offering the apology, we will see you at Far Clley on Sunday.

7. naimboy

naimboy New Member

The sports gone NUTS lol

PA410goodshot likes this.
  8. Correllion

Correllion New Member

Club:
    Tondu FTC
    I was thinking of having my scope cheat sheet as a phone lock screen a while ago but thought I read phones weren’t allowed to be used in case they were being used as some sort of aid, ChairGun possibly, but this looks like it has changed since or would there still be objections to this?

9. Ratinator

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    I think I’ve got world rules and bfta rules mixed up , according to bfta it’s ok as long as it’s on silent mode.
    I think I may take advantage myself and play candy crush in between lanes , might be more relaxing than marshalling my partner and watching what the wind is doing.

DazF and Andy P like this.
  10. AIRFIX GILLY

AIRFIX GILLY WFTA World Champion 2012

Club:
    Castle
    Also a bit fat Welsh bloke had his mobile phone with him at this shoot...
    Taking pics of me when I was attempting to hit a standing target....

when I politely asked him to stop he told me to F... off.!

I then told him I’d report him to a marshal... unfortunately there wasn’t any..! Only tree marshals. So he got away with it.

DazF, Conor, Karl and 1 other person like this.
  11. Ratinator

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    His actions were noted Andrew and he would have been spoken to ,but the officials felt that you dancing behind him after missing the easy kneeler had balanced things up . Lol

DazF, RAMBO, Karl and 3 others like this.
  12. Welsh Wizard

Welsh Wizard FT: You Give, You take! Staff Member

Club:
    West Devon ftc
    I did not tell you to f.off
    Just as well there were not enough Marshall or they would have seen you breaking the rules at various lanes.

I'll keep them pics ( taken on silent) for when I need them.

No morals or respect for the rules some people !!!

DazF and Scarborough shooter like this.
  13. Darron

Darron Dwarf Slayer

Club:
    Blackbrook FTC
    Are those the pics you sent me Si?

14. Ratinator

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    It would seem these devices can distract a shooter and be used to distract a shooter !!