Perception is All

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by Strokebloke, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Strokebloke

Strokebloke Mk3 Fanatic

Club:
    SYWELL NTSC : FT : Greyhound : Kibworth
    There are very few words which will accurately describe my performance today. In fact I can only think of two.
    Abysmal & Appalling.
    Alternatively there are many words which will very adequately describe the utter dogs breakfast that I made of today, from start to finish.
    Pathetic - Useless - You're Joking - Huhh ??????? - once again, Abysmal & Appalling - Cr#p - Putrid - and so on ad nauseum & ad infinitum.
    It all depends upon your perspective.
    At the moment I'm vacillating between only two words, and a dictionary full.

Until 3 lanes from the end, I had hit only one target.
    Then Steve (Staffie) stopped being condescending, and started being honest. :D:D:D And he certainly has a far greater vocabulary range than I would ever have imagined possibly from such an articulate young man. So I hit 3 more targets.
    Then I came home.

I must offer sincere and very genuine thanks to Phil, who personified patience and consideration.
    And a remarkable degree of self-control to enable him to not say "for goodness sake, just put your gun away, and go." :D :D :D
    Thank you also to Chris, for your time on the zero range when everyone else had gone home.

I make no excuses for my performance.
    Today has been of my own making. And I have learned a lot. (like don't bother turning up at Sywell :) :) :))

I'm terrified to look at the photo shots I took - or think I took.
    They'll probably all consist of leaves, branches and blades of grass. I know I pointed the lens at people .... but ---------

Now Nick, you understand why I am so jealous of your excellent 27.
    Many congratulations to James for your clearance. I'm truly delighted for you.

Mr P has very kindly offered to take me under his wing next Sunday at Castle.
    He may regret having made the offer by this time in the evening. :)

2. mod23

mod23 --Sywell--

Club:
    .... Sywell... Waresley .....
    today

Oh Dear.
    I take it you had a bad day.
    Forget about it and look ahead to the next one.
    Looking forward to seeing your photos .
    Phil

3. nat

nat Member

As I always say, there's always next week ;)

4. Strokebloke

Strokebloke Mk3 Fanatic

Club:
    That would be a fair comment Phil. :) :)
    However, tomorrow is another day. Today is over. I will apply what I've learned. I certainly won't lose sleep over it. :D Like the shot - once it's gone, you can't get it back - so forget it. ;)

I've just loaded my photos.
    I'm happy with them :rolleyes: :)
    I'll probably get the first ones up this evening and the remainder tomorrow.
    So, by no means, a wasted day. :)

5. Jinx

Jinx Non member

We all get bad days, it makes the good ones better.
    As stated....there is always next week. :)

6. Ratinator

Ratinator Well-Known Member

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    Rome was not built in a day

You'll get there in the end Jack,and then we will introduce you to the sillies:D:D
    We aimed for a score with a four in it,so not all was lost:rolleyes:
    Sorry Jack but after our PM this thread has had my side's splitting:D:D
    simon

7. AIRFIX GILLY

AIRFIX GILLY WFTA World Champion 2012

Club:
    Castle
    Dont worry

Dont worry about it Stroke Bloke:eek:

I shot like a tit too!:(

It`ll take me till friday to get over being pumped by 'The Fish'!

8. staffie

staffie Member

Club:
    millride
    Never mind Jack, at least we had a laugh.
    And I pumped Killen again !!!! :)
    Atb, see you at Sywell.
    Steve.
    p.s. still not forgiven you for one of the four being that reducer I missed :eek:o

9. Strokebloke

Strokebloke Mk3 Fanatic

Club:
    You keep laughing Si. It's good for you, is laughter. :)

What do you mean Mr Gillot? Are you implying that I'm a tit? How could you? I'm mortally offended :eek:o ;)

Indeed, we did have a laugh Steve. And I'm grateful for your humour.
    I'm sure you'll forgive me before Sywell. Though whether Mr Killen will, or not ........ :) :) :rolleyes:

Thank you all for your support. You are very generous.
    By the end of the 2014 GP season - when I'm an AA shooter and regularly pumping Fish, Costello, Harris, Neil T and Mr Daniels, I'll look back on all of this and probably laugh. :D:D What a dreamer !! :D

10. Lee67

Lee67 Dink ! ...****'

Club:
    Emley Moor ftc
    Dont worry about a low score...I was same only a few weeks ago...bad wobbles and an average score of 7-9'.... Practice and more practice..and a diff gun I've had 4 best scores this week..a 21' 22' 24 & 25!!!!..I'm sure you will be saying same soon;)

11. Mr P

Mr P Active Member

Club:
    Castle
    Hi Jack
    Encouragement and pain will get you through next week , well done when you hit a target and pain when you don't. it is quite interesting finding out what peoples likes and dislikes are when you start shooting into the ground deliberately to get a little more pain :D:D:D:D:D:D looking forward to the challenge YOU WILL GET BETTER unless you really do like the pain:D:D:D:D

12. Neil-T

Neil-T Boingers forever.

Club:
    Far Coley
    Now that Mr P has taken you under his wing, it won't be long before you are pumping me after my magnificent score of 17 today. You are an inspiration to all who are new, or are looking at getting into FT Jack...you do it for fun and are among friends, never have I seen anyone new to the sport stick it out like you, and you are not the fittest of blokes..if you don't mind me saying. Keep at it mate, and never worry about the score. Neil.

13. Suzukiphil

Suzukiphil Member

Club:
    Harriers FTC
    Hopefully you learned a couple of valuable lessons today Jack. We've all been there it's part of the journey mate. I'm sure time with Chris and Mr P will give you plenty to think about. Your determination is impressive, it was a pleasure shooting with you.

Phil

14. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Join

Jack after thinking it through , i reckon . yes you are Rubbish . Welcome to the club ??? HOLLY:):eek:

15. skires

skires Well-Known Member

Keep going Jack

I've just started FT so I feel we have something in common. It's usually the same with new adventures ... 2 steps forward and then 1 step back again.

Your posts, vocabulary, wit and excellent photos are a real pleasure. I'm sure the shooting will soon see big improvements.

16. scruff

scruff Member

Club:
    purley chase
    keep it up

keep going jack....if at first you don't succeed you can allways take up fishing:D...greyhound allways suffer from changing wind conditions which fool even the best...keep going bud their is allways tomorrow.:)

17. TeamZ

TeamZ Member

Club:
    Castle
    Never give in mate, it takes a lot of time and effort, which it seems you have lots of so keep going.

We are always happy to help out, if it wasn't going dark I would have stayed for hours to get it right. As we discussed, once the nights are longer lets have a good session and get it fine tuned - it might take till then to get it right anyway!!

See you in a couple of weeks mate,

Chris

18. Strokebloke

Strokebloke Mk3 Fanatic

Club:
    Holly, at last. you've got me sussed. :D thanks for the welcome.

Good to have you with us Skires. If you have as much fun and satisfaction from shooting as I have, you'll enjoy it immensely. A great bunch of blokes (and girls) on here. Integrate well with them, & you won't find better friends anywhere. :) I look forward to getting to know you.

Thanks Dave. I'm in too deep to pull out now. Anyway, where else would I direct my ineptitude. :D

Thanks Chris. Much appreciated. ;)

19. Artfull-Bodger

Artfull-Bodger Member

Easy sports get boring quite quickly!

Most of us can hit even the smallest targets at quite extreme ranges after a few shots, then we can keep hitting them, FT puts a whole different perspective on shooting with only one shot per target, it's not good enough to be able to shoot accurately, you have to be able to range find consistently and most importantly read the conditions, and to put all that together takes time and experience!

I have scored as low as 7 and as high as 39, you have to have a bad day to put the good ones into perspective!

20. Strokebloke

Strokebloke Mk3 Fanatic

Club:
    All wise and and experience based perspective.
    Thank you. Much appreciated. :)