Pellet speed

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Old slider, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Old slider

Old slider Member

Club:
    Mad
    Hi,it's probably been said before on here but as I'm new just indulge me,would an increase of 20 to 25 fps alter much the poi at a25yd zero,higher or lower?,or wouldn't it make that much difference but might be more noticable at 45yds?

Any thoughts

Thanks Ian

2. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Speed

A lot depends on the rifle/barrel and of course the pellet weight . my rifle runs 770 in the summer but winter requires 785 . not a lot is it but it makes a difference . mostly to the windage , maybe two clicks difference on the longuns . remember the slower you run the gun the more effect it will have . 7.9s running faster shoot flatter , so 15 to 20 feet per won't make a lot of difference height wise , but probably will for windage on the longuns and the mini kills . trick is to get your own chrono and check it every time out . if you are using a springer not so easy cos in the winter the cold effects the grease and slows the internals . if shooting HFT . try taking a shot as a warmer before taking the shot on target . the slower your gun runs the more clicks you will have to add andthe higher your trajactory will be . thus more windage . ??? HOLLY