PCP popularity rating?

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Sniperdad, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Sniperdad

Sniperdad New Member

Hi All

As there are some debating amongst SA Airgunners as to which make of PCP is the most popular in firstly FT and 2ndly HFT in the UK, I thought it a better idea to get opinion from you fellas.

Obviously its only your opinion and not nessiceraly 100% statistically correct;), unless someone has the stats for me.

In you honest opinion, which guns do you see most,2nd 3rd 4th at the FT and HFT shoots you attend.

Dave

2. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    Air arms most numerous at Ft events i would have said.
    Plenty of Ev2, Rn10, Pro targets, Plus S400s and other at local events.
    Hard to call the other makes, seeing more walthers of late but wouly locally its an even spread?

3. Dave Ramshead

Dave Ramshead England HFT Team squatter

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    Probably in terms of sheer numbers sold for both FT and HFT would be Air Arms, but that's just popularity, not desirability :) Many shooters will flock to a certain brand or gun that a limited number of shooters choose to use:)

4. Willbe

Willbe I Like BIG Hats!

Club:
    Far Coley FTC
    AirArms being the Volkswagon of the FT world, not neccessarily desirable or special, but efficient at the job in hand.. :)

Will

Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
  5. Jon

Jon Member

More like a Toyota Will :D

6. Willbe

Willbe I Like BIG Hats!

Club:
    Far Coley FTC
    Thats the new Daystate GP isnt it Jon? :D

7. Sniperdad

Sniperdad New Member

OK barring the ever popular AA, which coinsedentally is the same scenario over here, whats next. Is Theobens popular at HFT/FT, or do shooters prefere Steyr or Walther ect.

After AA, how do they rate?

8. Dave Ramshead

Dave Ramshead England HFT Team squatter

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    As a guide for theoben, have a look at the hft worlds list ;) A capable gun not so popular for comps, maybe something to do with past reputation for gamo triggers & ridiculous fixed (not versatile) scope mounts, poor stock design for target shooting so lend themselves too be more popular with hunters.
    The newer adjustable stocked rapid is a better effort, but but expensive and still needs some mods for comp shooting imo.
    FT is ruled by proper target guns.:D

9. rich

rich Active Member

Looking at the photos that get posted on here and elsewhere after an event, Steyr must figure somewhere in the table. Maybe because they are user adjustable?

10. D Martin

D Martin Non member

I only shoot HFT in the UK but I'd say at a guess:

Air Arms-due to affordability and reliable accuracy,the older ones are also easily maintained by the owner.
    Daystate- good build quality and reliable accuracy but generally more expensive (my choice)
    Steyr-again more expensive but excellent rifles which seem to have increased in popularity in the last couple of years.
    Walther-I believe once sorted a nice piece of kit and in recent times the choice of some of the top HFT shooters but again expensive and harder to get hold of than the more popular makes.
    The other numbers are made up by makes such as BSA,Weihrauch,Theoben and Ripley but these aren't as popular.

This is only my opinion and not fact;)

Dave