Pax Pellets

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by clubshot, Aug 27, 2009.

1. clubshot

clubshot Member

Seems to have a good Baiting Section on this Board

Current Defiant Range might not Suit you that have bothered to really try them

In Clean Action and Barrels - As Bullet Shape requires to find Rifling for Speed and Accuracy

But Defiant's are just one of Many Pellets that Pax Produce

For Home and Overseas Market

Currently it Seems the largest Market is overseas @ present

But Hugh - Owner does not worry as long as the Factory is working Well - Viable

Especially as it p.......s off this Government that Top Exporter is a Air Gun Pellet Manufacture

That's without attempting to supply the Growing USA Market - Not viable due to Insurance Problems :(

Not forgetting that the Target Section is Only a Fraction of Today's Air Gun Market ;)

BOB/R

2. Sparky

Sparky Ich dien Staff Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    Bob it's just not target shooting, i wouldn't even use them in my hunting guns, 12ftlb or FAC as i've yet to find a gun that likes them, some people may not care where a pellet lands on live quarry but i do.

If Hugh would just make a pellet that's a diablo shape then he could be onto a winner.

Pete

3. Ste Hughes

Ste Hughes Daystate's whipping boy

Club:
    Tawd Vale FT & ARC
    bob have you tried the 'air shotgun' market :confused:

4. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

Bob it's great the factory is flat out, but who is actually using them? None of the PAX pellets have been accurate enough in my guns and you know how many Dad and me have tried.

Why are you having a pop on here where you have some of the best shooters in the world posting on a regular basis, surely if the members here can't make them work then something could be improved. If PAX pellets worked better than conventional ones don't you think someone would be using them? I don't know what changed between the prototype and production Rangemissers but if they were as good in production as they were in prototype I wouldn't be sat on hundreds of thousands of JSB's.

How big an order would Hugh need to make a diablo shaped pellet?

Ryan

5. big_phil555

big_phil555 New Member

I can not get the ones I have tried to group in my barrels :mad: - so I am with Ryan on the final quote

ATB

Phil

6. Kingplinker

Kingplinker " Horsham HFT champion 2010 "... apparently...

I don't understand why you are ' baiting ' Bob as thats just b o l l o x IMO :confused:

If Hugh is flat out with orders thats superb as its always good to see a uk company doing well especially in the current market . He will obviously never bother bowing to the diablo uk market anyway as Bob has already said , they are flat out making defiants so why would they even bother ? ;)

atvb

Dave

7. villiers

villiers Self appointed antipimp

Club:
    Bisley
    Hi Bob have tried them in all my gun,most have walther barrels have even tried then in a poly barrel and at sub 12 have been unable to make them work,ok maybe its me but i have yet to meet anyone who has got them to work.This is a fact not just me taking the piss.
    Cheers Don

8. big_phil555

big_phil555 New Member

TBH Dave, I am coming at it from another angle. :D

Defiants are always presented as being superb - I have said many times, in my barrels, they do not suit.:mad:

I am well pleased a UK company is doing well and long may it continue :cool: I just wish that I could support them by being able to buy a PAX pellet that suits my barrels - it always seems to be diablo types not the defiant shape :rolleyes: - if they have such a huge market abroad for them I am sure they would have a cracking market for diablos here in the UK

ATB

Phil

9. Kingplinker

Kingplinker " Horsham HFT champion 2010 "... apparently...

Are you the marketing exec for pellpax Phil :D:D:D:D

10. big_phil555

big_phil555 New Member

Dave

I wish mate :cool:

ATB

Phil

11. Ste Hughes

Club:
    Tawd Vale FT & ARC
    bob can i ask how some of the things you have said work - i have asked before but you have ignored me

i have heard you say something like the more you use our pellets the better they group? whats the reason behind that?

also you rarely have to clean your barrel if you use defiants?

i have tried them in my ev2 and tx200sr - all different head sizes - clean barrel to begin with and about 60 pellets in each size

the SR would group 40mm at 30 yards with them - the ev2 was abit better - about a inch at 30 yards :rolleyes:

not even worth trying at 55 yards in my eyes

but when you say the above i can't help but feel like you think were stupid :confused: or is it me :confused: please explain how things like that work because to me is BS

that is why i take the piss - they are superbly made pellets but there crap - there i said it :D

i think the range missers are too front heavy (you can balance them on there dome quite easily)

i was lucky to get them to group on a face plate sized piece of paper at 50 yards

i don't see how anyone could expect groups to tighten up from about 40mm in my sr to about 8mm which it groups with JSB's all day long - i can't see that happening somehow

but i would love to know how these claims you make work - i will happily bring up posts where you have said these things if you like :cool:

12. villiers

Club:
    Bisley
    He is good ,but not that good . :D

13. big_phil555

big_phil555 New Member

that has laid the gauntlet down Ste :D

14. villiers

Club:
    Bisley
    Would love some time to come up to your club Bob and see what you can do with his Pellets .What do you shoot with ,is it the HW100 .We will try and find a wind less day.:rolleyes:
    Just get Hugh to make a Jsb type pellet to the same QC as his defiants and then he would sell a load of pellets:)
    Regards Don.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2009
  15. big_phil555

big_phil555 New Member

Ah good - you obviously have not seen me (try) to shoot then :shot: :rolleyes:

16. clubshot

clubshot Member

Steve,
    Bullet Shaped Pellets of Pax Design - need to touch Rifling for Speed and Accuracy
    They improve as Rifling get's more polished -

When Ryan tried them @ Shepreth - @ the Start he was getting good Groups
    But mentioned wind was blowing them off

Yes I can regularly pick of 12 Bore cartridge Cases @ 50 Metres Plus @ Lea Valley
    With 4.52's in my HW100 - on Bipod & Table
    As can many other Lea Valley users who buy them on a Regular Basis

As With 9.50 Exterminators / Logun Penetrators - sold around the world
    in increasing numbers -
    Orignally Made for Tony DeCross when he was UKHAFT Champion before his Stroke
    In his BSA Superten

It is not possible to make a Diablo Pellet on Pax's Stamping Machines -
    He has try in the past - can not get them out of dies fast enough to be viable

BOB/R

17. Sparky

Sparky Ich dien Staff Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    Bob

Tony won in 2003 and not taking anything away from him as he was an awesome shot, but although the targets were going down his gun never grouped brilliantly with them, and like i said that was in 2003, we are talking present day and i'm sorry the pellets just don't work, can you name one shooter that uses them with success in any comps?

Pete

18. villiers

Club:
    Bisley
    My Jsbs need to touch the rifling as well , i think most pellets need to touch as yet smooth bore barrel not being sold to the masses.:rolleyes:

19. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    Quite agree. Ok to 35 yards, but past that it was pure lottery as to where they went. Defiants are the most wind effected pellet i have ever used.

20. Ste Hughes

Club:
    Tawd Vale FT & ARC
    Bob

why do defiants 'polish' a barrel and a JSB just leads it up then? :rolleyes: