Parcel force

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by maddog, Feb 9, 2015.

1. maddog

maddog Active Member

Club:
    Emley f t c
    I now this as been up time and time again but a yes or no answer will do, do parcel force take air guns?

2. Smudgerii

Smudgerii Member

Yes. 48 hour service only

3. maddog

maddog Active Member

Club:
    Emley f t c
    Parcel for e

Thank you very much.

4. Mally106

Mally106 Member

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    Yep can confirm that

5. john0neuk

john0neuk Well-Known Member

Club:
    Dartmoor Marksmen
    yep few sent this year already - no issue. There is a debate whether the insurance value you pay handsomely for an uplift will be honoured in the event of an issue.
    Test case needed to prove one way or other should be no issues as long as fully declared as air rifle and always best to de pressurise the cylinder! That breaches their regs. The battery in a daystate would also need to be declared - to be 100% legal. Batteries have to be packaged correctly before they could go legally in Parcel Force I believe.

red tape - oh for a world without it!

6. Niloc

Niloc Member

Club:
    BFTO Bisley
    I have some communication with Parcelforce which indicates that they will not carry pressure vessels whether empty or not, i.e. they will not carry PCP's. this is an ongoing dialog but certainly shows a reluctance.

An earlier post seems to indicate that the situation about insurance is unclear, The lines in their T&C's saying that they will carry airguns subject to two conditions, a) must be posted at a Post Office and b) they are subject to a maximum compensation of £100. make it seem pretty clear to me.

7. john0neuk

john0neuk Well-Known Member

Club:
    Dartmoor Marksmen
    Wasn't aware of the £100 statement in the T&C's - would as you say seem clear. What is not clear is why the Post Office are happy to charge a significant uplift to cover the total cost of replacement.

What is concerning is that it seems only set to get even harder to transit modern Airguns outside of RFD, it is such a shame that some RFD's are reluctant to facilitate that means of transit. My local one does accept and does a great job - but have had issues at the recieving RFD - refusing to get involved - giving the impression it is not worth their efforts!

FtF seems the only way forward, then again meeting in mutually convenient car parks after dark exchanging gun cases and cash - also seems fraught with the danger of a rude interuption!

kr

8. Niloc

Niloc Member

Club:
    BFTO Bisley
    I totally agree with your comments, what concerns me also is that in their T&C's they definitively state that they will carry legal limit airguns, they have then said, in recent communications that air cylinders are not acceptable even if empty, "due to the automated sorting processes" They will, however transport guns sent by RFD's via the same systems!!

I am awaiting a response to my questions about this and requesting clarification.

The bottom line is that even if it is clarified, the compensation clause finishes it off anyway. F2F or RFD is the only way.