Parallax error !

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by Kingplinker, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Kingplinker

Kingplinker " Horsham HFT champion 2010 "... apparently...

Hi all

Took my lovely new combo out and the new stock performed superbly , standers , kneelers and prone shots all benefitted form the design and knee rest !

But ...

Moving back in from 11,10,9,8 yards the pellets were shifting right by about a dot :confused: Knowing I have been a right canter in the past and have suffered with crossover I then checked 40,45 yards to see what was
    happening but that was fine .

I decided to try my usual custom stock as I thought I may be missing the adjustable cheek - piece but the same thing happened , its not crossover or canting as far as I can work out and I have always found a scope maximizer helped with PX error but I am a bit miffed :confused:

I bow down to the knowledge on shooting the breeze but will also accept any amount of pi$$ take you can throw at me . lol

many thanks

Dave

2. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

Sounds fooked Dave, cut it in half and it'll fit in the bin easier.;):)

It probably is px error, you'll never get rid of it chances are your eyes not lined up or head position isn't consistant.

Ryan

3. Kingplinker

What , must I give up shooting Ryan :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

4. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    ok, 2 things to try.

1 pa the scope for those ranges and see if you have a shift still... that will remove the error possibly being with the scope.

2 at those ranges, with the scope pa'd where you normally would like it, see if you can shift the POI over back to where it should be if by moving your head

5. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

No just learn it like the rest of us.:p:D Have a play with your head position and see what the poi does.;)

Simples

6. Kingplinker

Thanks chaps , tbh I wonder if its all down to me :eek:

I have been suffering with my back/neck and have found it difficult to get comfortable with eye relief - it may be easier without the maximizer .

I scooped the cheek piece out on my old stock and this helped a great deal , not sure why it would become apparent again now though ?

More pain killers 'eh Ryan . lol

atvb

Dave