Panic Stations!!

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by Paul M, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Paul M

Paul M Banned

Club:
    Pontefract
    Hello all, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this but I'm hyperventilating!

My Big Nikko Mk3 parallax wheel just fell off and I'm struggling to find a customer service contact address to see about getting it repaired?

I've entered the NEFTA Classic and I'm guessing unless I can get it sorted quick sharp, my involvement will be a massive zero!

Any advice or even someone who can re-fit the parallax wheel would be appreciated, I've tried and as far as I can see, it's not as straight forward as you'd think :eek:o

Thanks in advance my people,

Paul

2. Ratinator

Ratinator Well-Known Member

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    Breath into a paper bag

It does not sound too major, if you send it off it won't be back for the classic.
    If it does need to go back you need to contact highland outdoor, they are the importers.
    I'm sure someone will talk you through it shortly .
    Simon

3. Paul M

Paul M Banned

Club:
    Pontefract
    I'm an engineer by trade and I can't get it back on so hopefully someone higher up the food chain can sort me out.

The problem is that I bought it second hand from a guy who got it from Uttings but doesn't have any paperwork as proof of purchase so I'm in the lap of their customer services.

The main fear I have is the realisation that it won't be sorted in time for the classic but I'm in denial at the moment........

4. maddog

maddog Active Member

Club:
    Emley f t c
    Nikko

Hi Paul, when you say wheel has come off,do you mean the shaft has snapped,if so it will have to go back,you could take it to big Chris at swillington and ask him to send it back? If the shaft has gone get Chris to ring them thay may just give you another one or thay may want to see it but thay don't rush,

5. Paul M

Paul M Banned

Club:
    Pontefract
    Nothing has snapped, the threaded collar that holds the drive gear has somehow worked itself loose and it's come away from the body. It looks easy enough to put back on but the internal lever is a gnats doodah to far back to line up enough to enable me to put it back on!

It's VERY frustrating :eek:o

I bought the scope from a fella at my club who bought it from Uttings but he doesn't have the receipt so my bad luck continues! I can't see 'Big Chris' at Swillington's being interested really but appreciate your advice.

6. maddog

maddog Active Member

Club:
    Emley f t c
    Nikko

If you can get John lee to have a look he may be Able to sort it,pm inbound

7. Ratinator

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    another dead nikko

If your an engineer and you can't get it on, what chance has the office numpty at highland got :D:D:eek:o
    If you want a proper scope with a proper warrantee no matter who the owner is or how much paper work you don't have ,try my leupold 40 comp.
    A lot lighter than your Mk3 and can be taken to Avon Hawks next Sunday, Leupold is were you'll end up in a couple of years any way.lol

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  8. DeanB

DeanB Member

Club:
    Harriers FTC
    When my Nikko when wrong they said they don't bother trying to fix them. They just sent a replacement. Are Highland still the distributors?

9. Ratinator

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    Think so

As far as I know they are ,they are not so quick to hand out scopes now.
    The life time warrantee is a bit of a joke compared to other manufacturers :eek:o
    If its faulty then it should be replaced ,end of.

10. DaveRobinson

DaveRobinson NEFTA Chairman

Club:
    Anston
    Either way Paul needs somet sorting so he can shoot... If he gets no joy with highand as someone got somet knocking about in a cupboard or are looking at selling soon they could loan him so he dosnt miss out on shooting the classic and any gp's he wants to do.

11. mad mardigan

mad mardigan mad mardigan

Club:
    hull and district Ft club, and Ponty
    scope

HI Paul,
    I have a 32 mag bushnell you can borrow no problem. Have sent you pm. Keith

12. Paul M

Paul M Banned

Club:
    Pontefract
    Bless you all immensely, all your help, advice and offers of lending scopes proves beyond doubt that we're all one big family!

However, once I'd stopped crying, I had a couple of smokes, had a word with myself and got my Engineer head on and have finally fixed it. It was an absolute sod to do and I'm pretty sure I'll need to patent at least three new swear words but it's back on, secured and actually better than it was in the first place, with no creep in the parallax whatsoever.

Once again, all your help was very much appreciated and the cuddles are on me if I meet any of you at the Classic in May.

Kind regards my lovelies,

Paul

13. DaveRobinson

DaveRobinson NEFTA Chairman

Club:
    Anston
    Great news that Paul.... BTW if youve done one now there will be a queue of folk now as im not aware of anyone who can work on mk3 nikkos so you have a niche market to tap into there.

14. Paul M

Paul M Banned

Club:
    Pontefract
    It was a bit scary, looking down at my bench with all the bits staring back at me, I was adamant there'd be one piece left over when I finished but delightfully I was wrong!

I'm gonna get smashed to celebrate:D

15. luddite

luddite I Love HFT

We know where to send one now if it needs fixing. :D

16. david j

david j Member

Club:
    Redfearns
    scope

He can borrow my bsa platinum if he wants, will be up at REDFEARNS tomorrow until noon if he wants to have a look at it.

17. Paul M

Paul M Banned

Club:
    Pontefract
    Thanks for the generous offer David but I've fixed it now, very much appreciated anyway:)

18. Paul M

Paul M Banned

Club:
    Pontefract
    Update!

When using the 'repaired' big Nikko, the parallax wheel began to work itself loose again so I decided to take a chance and contact Uttings with regards to my options as having no proof of purchase.

I'd like to point out that Ben @ Uttings couldn't have been more helpful, he put me in touch with Ryan @Highland who was equally a top guy and between us we are resolving this issue. Ryan has even promised to sort me out in time for the Classic!

Just goes to show there are still some good guys about and my thanks go to them both.