P70FT mounted on Fwb alutec Mod 700 Frame...

Discussion in 'FWB' started by JasonGoldsmith66, Apr 10, 2010.

1. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    ...Just picked up my 2nd hand P70FT I bought from Belgium, at NSRA Bisley today...as well as a spare Fwb Mod 700 frame only (newer model with 3 holes on fore end) bought on www.eGun.de

The gun is amazing ! The barrel has cut out grooves running 2/3 of the way up...nice & shiny chrome or nickel plate.

I dismantled the whole gun in 30mn and cleaned it with a soft cloth and applied minimal amounts of oil where necessary...

It seems, unless someone corrects me here, that the older Fwb Mod 700 alu frame fore end was modded within, and cut out to further allow the action to fit.

Essentially the gun is held together in 3 parts; the rear end, the outer alu mid full length alu fore end, and then the action slips in, with 2 screws held at mid point where the pellet/barrel start, and of course, the front barrel holder part in the front with 2 screws. Thats all that holds the action within the alu frame. But boy is it front HEAVY !

Have emailed Jon to see whether he can work his magic with his precision alu cutting machines & modify the newer aluminium fore end front alu frame.

Has anyone who owns a Fwb P70FT, seen in the UK any P70FT actions fitted on a Fwb alutec Mod 700 frame ?

Will shortly post some newer pics. of my gun. :D

NB: Have no manuals, so will look to download pdf instructions...but can anyone advise what the black sliding bit does in front of the barrel breech, just before the air cylinder :confused:

Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
  2. Jon

Jon Member

Have seen over the years at least three factory supplied P70FT in the P700 aluminium stocks black and silver laminate, theres a chap at Bisley that has one. Very few up to 5 years ago in use for good reason, many have given up on them for zero shift probs, other than that front heavy but stunning accuracy on the day.

Think this will be it http://www.feinwerkbau.de/ceasy/modules/core/resources/main.php5?id=363-0 same as Berts in NL.
    Fairly sure A frames are different.

Newer P700 dont have any cutouts or holes in forend except the Evolution.
    http://www.feinwerkbau.de/ceasy/modules/cms/main.php5?cPageId=83
    http://www.feinwerkbau.de/ceasy/modules/cms/main.php5?cPageId=146

In front of reg that is a cocking lever (ears) push forward, pellet lever flips up. Use white plastic on right to close pellet bolt, ready to go.

3. Jon

Jon Member

4. bbevers

bbevers New Member

Hi Jason,

Mine FWBp70ft has a p700 alutec stock straight from the factory.

The only thing the have to do is a little cut out for the ears to cock the gun.

The price was only 75€ more.

If you like I will make and send you some fotos, so that you can post them here.
    :shot: me a mail: bbevers@ziggo.nl

regards

Bert Bevers

5. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    Hi Jon,

I know this is 2 months old...but here are the pics anyway...have sent the 2 alu fore ends to hydrographics ...but waiting for the price quote...

:D

Attached Files:

6. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    Cheers, have PMd & emailed you...

:D

7. big_phil555

big_phil555 New Member

that does look good

8. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -

Just wait till Hydrographics hopefully do the work...then I'll mount the action on the newly cut 3 hole fore end stock...the alu looks better...reckon its anodised as Its "brighter" than the original Fwb fore end..which appears "dull" in comparison. :D

Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
  9. big_phil555

big_phil555 New Member

look forward to seeing those pictures :cool: