1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P Diddy Dutton and the Dominator...

Discussion in 'Walther' started by RobF, Jun 18, 2009.

1. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    The white wonder was having a hissy fit a few days before Iceni, having managed not to get a good chrono string or a tight group or a stable zero after about 500 pellets, I ran home to mumma and called Pete, who kindly agreed to take it on.

2 weeks later, and after a golf ball sized flea in my ear from Pete about the state of my gun (it was clean on the outside:rolleyes::D) Pete handed it back to me, saying it should be sorted. He mentioned that the reg was simply filthy and black inside, jumping around all over the place, that the sear looked like it had had an angle grinder on it, the cocking handle screw was siezed and that it took him 6 hours to sort the beast to his satisfaction. (i blame Millride :D)

Now, this gun has done some stunning groups in it's time, about 1/2 the size of a 5p piece at 55 off the knee at it's best, but it's only been something i've been able to do with effort, and it was 50-50 if a flyer would spoil that, for whatever reason.. and it would tend to do it in patches.

Pete set this to 780 with JSB, but this is using just weighed mozzies... and it did this all day long, apart from one shot that went about 5mm away from where it should, so i switched to the sized pellets and it just didn't stop. It also did it with ease (funnily enough it seemed to be more accuracte slower rather than running her right on the limit with mozzies)

Top left is a 5 shot group, benched. The other mess is Rich's steyr which improved, seemingly settling down after a shift and perhaps leading back up a cleaned barrel... but it's grouping better than this now and holding it across a charge, which is nice. So it was happy days for both of us down the range.

The tears are funny because we had the box at 45 degrees to catch the light...

[​IMG]

This wasn't a fluke, it simply kept doing it, i just couldn't be bothered to walk up the range every 2 mins to take pics...

Cheers Pete v much, you are a star Sir!

2. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

You're welcome Rob but don't thank me yet, I'll be inspecting her at regular intervals & I better not find any dirt or rust:eek::D

3. alan-aitch

alan-aitch Member

Club:
    Bisley
    I don't suppose you can turn your hand to a P70 can you Pete ?

4. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

Never had a look at one I'm afraid Alan

5. Sparky

Sparky Ich dien Staff Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    Pete' work worth every penny imo.

Pete

6. alan-aitch

alan-aitch Member

Club:
    Bisley
    There's always a first time Pete. :D

Maybe we can have a chat at the next GP, not Scotland though, got to work on the Saturday now :( :(

7. mikewills8904

mikewills8904 walthers last the course

Club:
    oaktree ftc and tondu ftc
    pete d

pete it must be all those tips ive been giving you :p

8. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

Definitely Mate:D