Ooh err, missus!

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by MrGreen, Jul 14, 2009.

1. MrGreen

MrGreen New Member

Without quoting any figures, I noticed tonight that my chrono readings without a silencer were significantly higher than with. Is this normal? I'd expect some difference but these were nearly double.... :eek:

2. raygun

raygun Non member

Is it CO2 ? because I would not expect any difference.

ATB
    Ray.

3. martin c

martin c New Member

surely not

:confused: double :confused:

some wrong there mate

4. Jon

Jon Member

Chrono is tripping out early with the air blast trail/residue in conjunction with the light.

When chrono working ok i have seen a fair few hand made silencers increase speed as much as 30 ft/sec but usually around the 8 to 10ft/sec mark.

5. Kingplinker

Kingplinker " Horsham HFT champion 2010 "... apparently...

YHPM Paul

Make sure you are also testing throughout the fill ie : from say 190 bar down to 110 for instance , its worth trying the club chrony too to be sure what the readings are .

atvb

Dave

6. MrGreen

MrGreen New Member

Cheers lads. The only thing of note is that the fill was getting very low. However, I tried putting the silencer on and off a few times and the results were the same. I'll have a go thursday at the club Dave, so I can compare chronos.

7. Kingplinker

As I said via PM Paul , a friend of mine had one that was fine at 10.5 ft lbs on a 180 bar fill but when it went down to 110 bar it rose to around 14 ft lb :eek: That was on a new gun too but as we know ,some guns have a very strong power curve . Never a problem for me as I always fill my hft gun to 165 bar 11.2 ft lbs , shoot the course and refill again !

atvb

Dave

8. MrGreen

MrGreen New Member

Having just re-read Jons post, that might make sense. I had the chrono right up against the muzzle, maybe I should try it a bit further away. I agree with what you are saying Dave, but no way would it account for nearly a 40% increase. I did a test like you say on the 400, from 160bar down to the point where it tailed off rapidly. It varied from 11.2 up to 11.7 then dropped down to 10.2 which is where i stopped.

9. Kingplinker

Your guns F*****d then :D

10. Mog

Mog New Member

Club:
    Truttemer Tir Club
    Jon said that he'd found velocity increased with some silencers, as I read your post, you have less velocity with a silencer. Could the pellets be clipping?

11. Kingplinker

I have recently tested my MPR and was amased at the power increase with a HW silencer fitted . :eek:

I tested it again with new combro batteries and the result was the same - Not wanting to go into power issues on an open forum but the increase was considerable too !

Charles don't try to help him ... he wears flip flops for christs sake and doesn't deserve your precious time :D:D:D

Dave

12. MrGreen

MrGreen New Member

'Scuuuse Me!? I hardly think you are in a position to be offering dress sense critique. You drive a metallic lime green Fiat, FFS!....with DENTS!!
    Anyway, back to the topic. I tested the gun/silencer/muzzle end combination on the clubs 'posh' chrono on thursday. All tested fine, shooting around 11.2 to 11.5 with either fitted. Clearly the Chrombro doesn't get on with the standard muzzle end.
    Panic over. :)

13. Kingplinker

Its a combro :rolleyes: sandel wearer . Yes its true I do have a naff car and if that means you get home faster than me only to let yourself down with your lack of ...... 'err length then thats fine by me . lol

My car neither extends my tackle nor gets me home fast enough to test it anyway . :D

Glad you got it sorted Paul , if I get a chance I will do your trigger tune this week although you may have to remind me .

Dave

14. MrGreen

MrGreen New Member

Why is it that blokes with crap cars always try to link other peoples cars to their wangers? Anyway, the only reason you rush home is so you can spend more time polishing your 'weapon'.
    Don't forget you offered to polish my 'Trigger'....:rolleyes: ya big perve.