One question about steyr lg110

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by mjolnir30, Jun 3, 2015.

1. mjolnir30

mjolnir30 Member

I notice that my steyr lg110.when i get out of house need 5-10 pellets to be on same value as yesterday.
    So i make mark on turet on 25 meters yesterday,and when i come out from house today to shot first 10 pellets go 10 cm below.
    What is the problem?
    Is problem in temperature?
    In my house it is around 20 c and outside it is 30 c.
    And second thing,i notice that when i remove cilinder,i hear big air leak from inside of the gun,from regulator or?
    Is that normal?
    Tnx.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  2. mjolnir30

mjolnir30 Member

Nobody to help with this?

3. simona

simona Active Member

This 10cm low stuff is not normal. I'm no expert on the guts of guns but it sounds like you have a reg problem.

The release of air when removing the cylinder is normal.

4. Ratinator

Ratinator Well-Known Member

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    Thats two questions

And second thing,i notice that when i remove cilinder,i hear big air leak from inside of the gun,from regulator or?
    Is that normal?
    Tnx.[/QUOTE]

This is normal ,the reg dumps the air when the cylinder is removed.

5. nemesis

nemesis 55yrd standing expert, or was it 8 or 9?

We need more info to go on to offer you any help.It could be a number of things why it's shooting low. Chrono the gun first thing when you shoot it, while its going through the phase of shooting low. Keep chronoing it untill it groups where it normally does. It could be the reg playing up.
    Also leave it a few hours then chrono it again. If first few shots read high then return to a consistent state the reg is leaking.To check it properly it needs to be put on a reg checker.

6. mjolnir30

mjolnir30 Member

When i shoot it is consistant.The problem is only when i start to shoot after few days not.Only first few shoots go low,and then all ok.That is reg problem?

7. nemesis

nemesis 55yrd standing expert, or was it 8 or 9?

It sounds like it but chrono it to confirm that the velocity us low. Check inside the gun, clean and polish the hammer and springs. It will help consistency if you square the ends of the springs too. From factory there that bad the spring won't even stand on its end. This causes fluctuations in the velocity as it rotates. It sounds like the reg though.

8. mjolnir30

mjolnir30 Member

So where can i fix that reg problem?
    Some service or what'?

9. mjolnir30

mjolnir30 Member

Today go out from house,gun directly from bag,and it has no problem at all.
    It shoot same as yesterday,no bellow pellets.

10. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

That's odd. Your original problem does sound like a reg problem...maybe sticking or something internally that needs to be worked a few times before the POI is correct.

Inside the reg is a piston that has a small o ring at the top and a larger one at the bottom, (normally) 8 belleville spring washers sit on the piston. If it was my rifle i would replace the reg o rings and bellevilles and set to 85 bar on the reg checker. If you have the reg checker and the parts this is an easy job to do. It's a pity you're so far away as i could have serviced and set your reg for you. At least that way it wouldn't be expensive and it's something that you can remove from the equation. It would be really interesting to see what the chrono reading would have been for the first few 'dropped' shots.