1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One of the last into UK ??

Discussion in 'Walther' started by JasonGoldsmith66, Mar 5, 2011.

1. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    Ah ! those guys at Krale...what a Godsend !

They have the #50840 ready to deliver so I 'll have it sometime next week.

Am glad its the last designed stock to add to my collection...but really, Its the bench rest model with the longer cheekrest isnt ? and the bench rest model is identitical, except , they chop off the front lower part to make it a Ft stock...

Re: Tesro FT

On the different note, as www.Krale-Schietsport.nl are Tesro agents in Holland, have asked them to confirm the rumour that Tesro is launching their FT gun at the IWA show, or whenever during the year.

Have aslo asked on pricing. As there are no UK reps., methinks Krale, may end up selling to UK shooters loads of Tesro Ft guns, If, the gun does exist & will make it to market...

If Tesro enters the market, and they are on par with Walther quality (no doubt), and accuracy (to be seen, but no doubt), they'll fill the gap in the market on the UK FT scene as 1 of only 3 gun manufacturers dedicated to Ft....so when the sun sets on the last final Walther LG300 Dominator Ft gun, there is possibly some hope & light at the end of the tunnel, with a Tesro Ft to pop up at sunrise :D

:cool:

Attached Files:

2. chrispro97

chrispro97 New Member

Club:
    purley chase ftc
    ive seen some tesro in bell target leagues,cant get them serviced or parts problems getting not a bad gun but shooting at 6 yards u cant tell really,:):)

3. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    Chris,

No doubt a 10m airgun , but it has the pedigree since Its the father at Tesro who was the designer/guru who gave birth to the LG300 when he worked at Walther - I think he designed the whole gun ?

Am sure when he launches the Tesro FT, it should be pukka ! :D

As far as parts are concerned, well, either get the parts from a shop in Europe, or like our/your friend in Holland for Steyr parts, Its easy to source cheaper parts from Europe nowadays, as easy as placing a mail order with a UK shop....rather than dealing with a 'rip off' UK agent.

As far service, well, we are all grease monkeys when It comes to stripping & cleaning our beloved guns...so that shouldnt be a problem.

:cool:

4. Richard Shaw

Richard Shaw It was windy....

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    Walthers

As long as Walther keep their side of the deal, another 30 Walther Dominators of the latest spec are due to be built this year. This will be the final production run and destined for the UK market only.

5. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    Speculatively, what do you reckon, will be the last EVER ( :D ) serial number Richard ?

Since my 50840 gun was made, there could have been another batch of 10, or 30 made , which is 50840 + 30 = 50870 ,

...which POSSIBLY means 50870 + 30 destined for UK = 50900 ?

If Its 50900, I reckon Walther should AUCTION that on their website ! :D ...I think I will send them an email now :D

6. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

I don't get the big deal about serial numbers, am I missing something? It just seems a bit like air rifle train spotting.:)

7. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    Heheh !

I think Its more like car number plates, Year of Manuf. with the letter...which is lame, but I recall & noticed this aspect of 'last ever Dommie' last year somewhere on this forum...and yeah...am somewhat hooked on this as well !

8. Globalstar66

Globalstar66 Member

Richard, not sure where you got your info from, but i had a 3 hour meeting with the Global Export Manager of Carl Walther at the SHOT Show in Las Vegas in January (I'm the SA importer for Walther) - I was told in no uncertain terms that production had already stopped, and they had 9 LG300 Domminators still in stock (as of 21 January 2011), manufactured during 2010. They sold less than 15 LG300 Dominators WORLDWIDE in 2010, hence the end of the road for the Dommi.

Sad, but true. I am meeting with them again on Saturday afternoon at IWA in Nuremberg.:)

9. chrispro97

chrispro97 New Member

Club:
    purley chase ftc
    u used to be a walther man if i remember then you taken a side track to a gun with less than 100 serial number,dreaming of 007 lol,y did u down grade to electronics which will only last 5mins,not like walther run for ever lol

10. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    The traveller

Robbie,

It appears you have started to like travelling fella, not bad for some eh haahaa.

Hope all is well your end my friend and hope to catch up soon....

Berty

11. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    Thanks for the update on this Robbie ...very interesting ;)

RE: The Price on 2nd Hand Market of LG300 Dominators- Alutecs , Hunter's, Laminates

This then makes the Dom. LG300 a very COLLECTABLE piece of kit & a 'Seller's Market' - where owners of these guns can name their price...and as years roll by, they will surely appreciate !! :D

NB: Have you guys seen the price of gold lately ?

12. Globalstar66

Globalstar66 Member

Hey Berts

Yeah, what can I say...? I need to go chat to the guys at IWA to see what I can do to get the local guys more reasonably priced kit...:D:D

All well on this side. Got a phone call from a guy in Istanbul tonight, wanting advice on whether to buy a Walther Dommi or Steyr for 100m shooting...:confused::confused: Says no-one in Turkey can help him....:) Weird to get called from so far away.

13. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    Long distance advice

Robbie,

What can I say but your reputation proceeds you fella haahaa... 100 yds, thats a good distance to shoot unless hes using FAC???

Glad all is well and nice to see your working hard to help the lads and ladies over your way bud. You shooting Italy this year???

Berty

14. Globalstar66

Globalstar66 Member

Peter, I forgot to tell you.

My first LG400 Alutec Expert with blue laminate parts was shipped to me on Thursday.:D:D

It's for 2 gunshows here at the end of March and mid-April, and thereafter going to a lucky sod who's dad is buying it for him for 10m shooting.....

Can't wait to see what it looks like with the silver alutec stock and blue laminate bits. I drooled over one at SHOT in Vegas in January. WOW, what a rifle, and the sweetest trigger I have ever laid my fingers on. So wish they would do a conversion for FT!! Watch this space - it might even be happening, but not as production I've been assured.:(

15. Globalstar66

Globalstar66 Member

Exactly what I told him. I was telling Wian over the phone, this guy wanted me to persuade him the Wally would do it, as he had a liking to the Wally. Told him to get the .22 Steyr LG110 Hunter in 40 Joule. No idea why he wanted to shoot 1 hole groups at 100 meters:eek::eek:

Anyway, Wian said to tell you Hi too.

Not sure about Italy yet - we might be moving to Canada, so will have to wait and see what happens.

16. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    Lg400

Robbie,

I am pretty sure there will be lads this end of the world who will be able to convert them for FT bud....

Berty

17. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

It amazes me how many times someone at Walther claims the LG300 Dominator is no longer being made, I've heard it 4 times in the last 2 years but we are still getting them into the country from Walther.

It's almost certain that the Dominator will cease production in the next 12months but at the moment BSW are still getting them direct from Walther, these rifles are based on the 10m blocks

18. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    Italy etc

Glad to hear Wian is doing well.. Tell him I said Hi to fella.....

Canada then eh, I love Canada, went there on tour in 2004, 2 fantastic weeks playing rugby etc. Superb place. My choice of the 3 places we toured was Vancouver, especially Vancouver Island, what a place...... If you go there, go to the Whale watching one of those days you put up as one of the best experiences.....

Berty

19. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    AHHHHHHRRRGGGGhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :p:p:p:p:p:p:D:D:D:D:D:D

Silver & Blue...I told you we have the same taste ! I was mulling over that idea myself and you beat me to it ! Silver & Blue sounds quite sexy. Am about to order my final 5th & last Walther LG300 series..a Hunter. And then, Im on to the LG400 for our common friend to ' experiment' on :D:D:D:D (did you see my Black & Blue Ans. 8002 Alutec ? IMHO , It looks better than your silver one !) ....

Also, as you will be at IWA, can you get confirmation Tesro is launching an FT ? got the nod, nod, from a French chap - Tesro agent from France. If thats the case, that will be my next gun in my collection, AND then the LG400, followed by the Ans. PRECISE ! :p:D

PS: Let us know when S&B have good news on the FT scope as well...and let them know quite a few Ft shooters are now kitting their airguns with the PMII...so if they want, perhaps they can release an updated PMII calibrated down to 8 yards for Ft shooters ! ....as It will save them an arm & leg on re-development costs in trying to salvage the Ft model ! :D

20. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

I'm still a man of many Walthers, whoever said otherwise?:confused: Nothing wrong with having other kit, there's no rules saying you must nail your colours to a particular manufacturers mast unless I missed it? If I could pick any number on anything it'd be number 6, where did the 007 come from? That's Laity's midlife crises.