One gun for everything ?

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by Kingplinker, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Kingplinker

Kingplinker " Horsham HFT champion 2010 "... apparently...

I have asked this question before but would be interested in what the answer would be having a predominant membership of HFT'ers ;)

Regardless of shooting disciplines how many of you use one rifle for everything ?

Me personally I have the following :

MPR for hft
    S400 for hft
    S300 hunting
    AA Prosport ... that stays in the cupboard never getting used and only comes out when it needs a polish or when I take it to the club to get back to basics . :D
    I also have a few guns that make me giggle like a child that are simply for the grin factor!

Anyway I was thinking of getting rid of the lot and keeping the MPR although I change my mind like the wind .........:confused: what was the thread about , ah yes ' do you weigh your pellets ' . lol

Dave

2. 5teve L

5teve L STOP ! HAMMER TIME !

Club:
    The Oaks & Horsham hawks
    I used to use the MPR for hunting Dave up untill i put the Gary Cane stock on it, it's far to heavy to use now so i bought the MK 4 for a hunting rig.
    If you shoot the MPR with a silencer then you may as well just get rid of the bling & use the one (keep the prosport though)

3. Kingplinker

Kingplinker " Horsham HFT champion 2010 "... apparently...

Actually thats a very good idea Steve , I may have to borrow one of your guns to show the custom stocks though :D Although I find the MPR unusually LONG :eek: at just over 16ft it's certainly a very accurate rifle even with the added 8 foot silencer . lol
    If I get the chance I will swap stocks/actions/scopes and set the mpr up as my only hft gun down the club ... then shoot like a plum at the Interclub . :rolleyes:

atvb

Dave

4. martin c

martin c New Member

got your e:-mail no problem

why not use the prosport and give derek a whooping in the southerns i hear he is using les's 97 for the fun of it

s300 hunting :shot:
    s400 hunting :shot:
    the thought of you with a rifle in each hand chasing rabbits :D:D
    now that is a picture i would pay for

5. Nealsey

Nealsey Two Tins

MK3 RT for HFT
    MK3 RT Back-up HFT rifle
    HW100 hunting rig
    BSA Ultra Night Vision rifle.

Other than that I just need a springer :)

Neal

6. w-v-m

w-v-m Member

Club:
    Missed it's
    I bought an0.22 AA s410c for hunting, although its had one hft outing, which was a winner (my 1st HFT):D
    A 0.177 AAtx200hc for hft
    Daystate mk3 ftr for hft
    A 0.177 HW100 S as a backup/spare for the boy ,hft gun, but its so slick and quiet it'll replace the S410c ,I expect.

Wayne