Old FT Pictures

Discussion in 'Photos and Videos from events' started by JamesO, Dec 6, 2011.

1. JamesO

JamesO Active Member

I've scanned in a selection of old FT photos and they can be found by following the link below.

There seems to be a lot of Ripleys featured and there are a few old faces on there as well as some that are still shooting today. The quality is mixed, no digital back in those days:eek:

I hope to get some more scanned in the future which I believe are more people photos.

Hope you you like them, it is interesting trying to remember some of the names and there is proof that I had hair at some point in the past:D

OLD FT PHOTOS

James

2. TeamZ

TeamZ Member

Club:
    Castle
    Cracking shots James, bit before my time or maybe just a different region. I was shooting early ft in the north west around 84 ish before I went to university etc, my club was south Lancashire riflemen who no longer exist. Great memories though.

Cheers

Chris

3. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    who can name them though?

4. rick

rick Member

Some of the early ones look like Redfearn's old ground at the rear of Redfearns Glass, Anston and Yorkshire Marksman. Is the one with the green caravan Emley's old ground.

5. strangefroot

strangefroot Member

Rrrrr those we're the days calps had tumbled dried ferret on top lip. To hide his sam dingle look ;) And good old keith surbuts. He he and rob 10 ripley carrier with hair like cuthbert fortisque lol. so many old faces eh.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2011
  6. JamesO

JamesO Active Member

Mainly photos from the NEFTA region. The green caravan was at Yorkshire Marksmens ground. There are a few from the original Redfearns ground at the glass factory from which the club took its name.

The photos date from about 88 to 92 I would say.

Some of the people in the photos include Bob Mitchell and his family who ran Refearns at the time. There are some more recognisable faces there too, Tom Walton of exploding GC2 fame and of course Keith Surbutts, Beryl Noon, Andy and AJ Calpin. Others include my Mum and Dad, Mike Noon and Mel slack.

There are others whose names escape me so if anyone can remember better than me post them here please.

If anyone else has any early photos it would be good to look back at them and perhaps have a laugh:D I'll put some more up in the future.

James

7. CAC

CAC Member

James ,
    Nigel Curtis..(I think) shooting a GC2 is in a couple , is that Frank Spencer ?? In the foreground in another at the Yorkshire Marksmen ground , Shirley Lasheras in the background of another .... Is that a young Richard North behind you as well !!!! " Roly " Rollinson maybe in another , remember him wrapping his Gc2 round a tree one day :):)
    Alan

8. Jamesy

Jamesy Weerach ninja

Club:
    Pontefract ARC.
    Noticed Rob carrier on a couple i think, was that Keith moss in the black and white photo from over his shoulder? Frank peakman and your dad James.
    Nice to look at some old pics for a change.:D

9. JamesO

JamesO Active Member

Thanks for those names, Nigel Curtis was one I had on the tip of my tongue.

Some others are

Joe Myska shooting with my Mum at a Nefta Classic (no1)
    Graham Bluck at rear of no2
    Julie McCready shooting her Scimiter
    Dave Myers (no22)
    Slacky and Mike Noon (no25
    Tom Swift, Bob and Lyn Mitchell plus my Dad (no 33)
    Ross Mitchell (no40)

If only I could remember the names of the people who I shoot with now:eek:

James

10. flintlock

flintlock New Member

Club:
    Purleychase
    Nice photo's James.
    When was Silouettes first shot in F.T.events? Is this tied in somehow with why the shooter in img 022 has them displayed on his stock? Was it to remind him of the sequence, or had he won an event?

11. Jamesy

Jamesy Weerach ninja

Club:
    Pontefract ARC.
    So it was Dave myers in no.22, thought it looked like Keith moss...:)
    I'm surprise i didn't recognise Joe in no1 though, he always looked the same.:D

12. JamesO

JamesO Active Member

I think we first experienced Sillys around about 1990 after Andy Calpin and a few others had shot them on a trip to the states. The NEFTA Classic was the first competitive event to really feature them although I remember shooting them at the Internationals held at North Staffs around that time too.

I'm not sure who is in that picture but the rifle may have been specifically set up for sillys or maybe they thought it just looked good:D

James

13. JamesO

JamesO Active Member

Ah right.......the slideshow numbers don't match the file numbers.......

22 on the slide show is Dave Myers but 22 on the file numbers could well be Keith Moss Paul. I wouldn't put money on it though I'm rubbish with names.

James

14. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    No 32

Looking at number 32, wouldn't that be Mr Ian Taylor???

Berty

15. steg

steg Member

Club:
    Emley Moor
    img 40 Bainsie (leaning on the wall to the right) and Mick Woodhead to the left of the same pic? (I recognise the top he's still wearing...).

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  16. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    film was expensive

Just a couple of old ones

1990 Showdown.

El Capitano, though he looks more like the cabin boy here, recieves the 1990 showdown winners cup. My notes say he beat capls 18 -16 in final?

[​IMG]

Calps

[​IMG]

James Roberts? any one know what happened to him??

[​IMG]

and a couple of handsome Welsh chaps, 1990 or 91 at home internationals scotland!

[​IMG]

17. JamesO

JamesO Active Member

Thanks for those Simon.

I notice Adam Smith AGW editor is in the background of the first.

I used to travel with Jim Roberts quite a lot. Not sure what happened to him, I think the last I heard he was working in a bike shop in York, but that might have been while he was studying? He shot a Ripley AR4 (didn't we all back then) with a CS1000 stock that had had the fore end trimmed low and flat. It was topped off with a 26x boosted leup.

He also used to drive a metro:eek: