NSRA consultation on membership

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by RobF, Dec 4, 2019.

1. SteveC200

SteveC200 Well-Known Member

Club:
    Iceni Marksmen
    suds likes this.
  2. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Having dealt with them directly, I’d say it’s not as clear cut and packaged as you may think. And that goes for the experience of two others which needed to get into detail about policies.

Now that could have changed. What I’d suggest is if you get in touch and get hold of a policy wording document (not the short brochure, the document with all the clauses and specs) and a price it can be compared and you’ll be able to report back how easy and quickly that happens.

Personally I’d want to line up another broker and company altogether. Ymmv.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    Emma likes this.
  3. Yorkshiretea

Yorkshiretea B Grade Bandit

Club:
    Anston FTC
    stop pointing out facts, there’s a crisis going on here Adam

TREV RYN and Adam like this.
  4. Suffolk Rifle

Suffolk Rifle Member

Club:
    Iceni
    If this does happen, I for three (wife & son as well as me) will just drop club shooting, we carry our own 3rd party liability insurance anyway and are fortunate to have a large enough garden to plink in - that would probably save us somewhere about £500-1,000 a year, when you count up the fuel, subs and range fees that we spend out on.

5. TREV RYN

TREV RYN https://www.neftaonline.org/

skelmanthorpe ,west yorkshire,emley moor ftc
    what we all need to do is not jump the gun, we can start looking for alternative insurance as there will be insurance companies that will give us the same cover as nsra with out the you must take the bronze cover .

6. RobF

Club:
    Yes and we must remember this isn't definite the new NSRA scheme is going ahead, it's just an idea at the moment and they want reaction to it. Looks to me like it's pretty clear what that is.

TREV RYN, gdavison and Ceathreamhnan like this.
  7. Prone Shooter

Prone Shooter Member

Hi Rob. We intend to canvass our membership as much as possible to see what they think and if agreeable in principle, what would be an "acceptable" figure. This might bring in a few varied responses but at least we can go back to the NSRA with a genuine answer. If the majority reject this and it may be more a point of principle than the figure, then we'll need to bail out. We do need to see what the proposal is though. My own feeling is that this has been thrown out into the open to gauge what the reaction is.

Bob

8. Dreamer

Dreamer New Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club
    Rob, we have been having this discussion at Parkstone via the committee for the last couple of months. As you probably know, PGC has membership of both the NSRA and the NRA. Our biggest problem, with this has been that both organisations require us to take their club insurance package as a condition of membership. Now my understanding is that one of those insurance packages is a complete waste of time, as in the event of a claim, only one would pay out. We can't claim on both, but we have to pay the premium to both. They will not accept membership without. Although no decision has yet been made, the feeling seems to be that we need to drop one of the organisations and as we have quite a few members that shoot regularly at Bisley, the the NSRA may well be the loser. I'm fairly sure that, as may of our members only shoot for enjoyment, not competitions, an additional NSRA compulsory membership fee would see a lot of them decide to not renew membership at the end of our financial year.

9. rich

rich Well-Known Member

The NSRA EGM planned for this weekend has been postponed possibly until March, so that hopefully leaves some time for the interested parties to reflect.

10. RobF

Club:
    The EGM wasn't to do with this. It was to do with the memorandum changes proposed.

11. rich

rich Well-Known Member

Yes I know. I was rather hoping that time would allow those whose task it is to reflect upon all of the ills that beset the NSRA at the moment, and not to come out with ill-considered knee-jerk responses like the main topic of this thread.

12. RobF

Club:
    I see your point.

Yes. Hope springs eternal :)

That said I'm not sure what the solution is if the massive amount of money that's needed isn't found.

13. gdavison

gdavison Active Member

Club:
    Basingstoke - BARPC & Bisley - BFTC
    I spotted that in Oct 2019 2020 Membership Fees and Payment Options they voted at their AGM to NOT raise their members annual fees for 2020 .. seems to me an organisation who is struggling for money should have considered raising fees of their members as a first option

RobF, Mel and Si B like this.
  14. wayne pearce

wayne pearce Member

we use nrsa for insurance and i can say that none of the clubs members would pay an additional membership on top of the clubs membership
    as this would wipe out our membership over night and also who would run the clubs put the coarses out be treasurer etc as these would be deemed as a member
    if this did come in then we would have to find another insurance provider

Emma likes this.
  15. silvergould

silvergould Member

Club:
    shebbear
    now im not an individual member of the orginisation but a benchrest mate of mine got three years membership for £150 for three years this also includes cover for shooting equipment and third party ins seems a no brainer to me ,if your a member you get to vote at agm and if your an ft shooter or hft you will have acess to benchrest comps lsr ect win win allround ,when i have been quoted by various ins co £75 upwards for scopes and equipment for shooting

16. Simonix

Simonix Active Member

Club:
    Hereward FT
    I am an enthusiastic shooter. I’m happy to pay, for the insurance.

Thing is, I already pay for insurance for ALL my shooting with BASC.

don’t see why I should have to pay for another membership/insurance for my shooting, when I’m already insured. Especially as the NSRA wouldn’t cover me for my other shooting hobbies.

gdavison and BDL like this.