1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Novelty targets

Discussion in 'UKAHFT Official Forum' started by Sparky, May 1, 2009.

1. Sparky

Sparky Ich dien Staff Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    Any ideas for novelty targets in HFT, now remember the target would have to be the same for everyone.
    A few years ago Dave Baines mentioned looking into a windmill target of some sorts and the other day Darren Lindsey mentioned a similar thing and got me thinking what we could do/allow on national courses but as above to make it fair it has to be the same for all;)

For fun I m going to play about with a tunnel type target that you have to shoot through a 40mm Rook plate then a 25mm Rat plate to get to a 15mm killzone, i.e. 40mm approx 10 yards 25mm at approx 18 yards then the actual target at 25 yards, could be interesting in wind:cool:

But be good if every hosting club came up with a fun target that of course has to be shootable for all.

Pete

2. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

Oi Spawn of Satan bugger off, I have a hard enough job hitting the bloody standard 15mm :eek::eek::eek::D:D

3. Dave Ramshead

Dave Ramshead England HFT Team squatter

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    how about just a paddle, no plate - 2 or 0, no b/s

could even make crescent shapes to simulate the 50% reducer :D

4. FUBAR

FUBAR New Member

we have a 45mm killzone target that has a 10mm plate, being full size this can be put out out to the max distance ,intreasting in any sort of wind , and ukahft legal:D

5. Rik ochet

Rik ochet Its my skunk, I saw it !!

We had one at our Christmas shoot at Bisley. Looked very similar to the picture with the little yellow star as the kill. It's a lot tougher than it looks.
    Also a bunny with the ears as the kill.

Attached Files:

6. dimmer0707

dimmer0707 Member

They have a couple of very good targets along these lines at SDFTC .They are shaped like a bottle with a ball on top which is the kill zone. So you have to make ya mind up shoot the bottle for ya point or go for the ball for two :eek: man the times I have missed that darn ball .But at least you have the option for the one :eek:.Other wise you know what will happen if someone misses it the rules state you have to be able to get a one and so on and so on :rolleyes::(.
    ATB Matt.

7. 5teve L

5teve L STOP ! HAMMER TIME !

Club:
    The Oaks & Horsham hawks
    We rigged a target to pull a flag up when the target went over down the club one night.. not sure if it would last long at the worlds though...

8. JAGXKRS

Some bugger would shoot the flag mate :(:(:eek::cool:

9. 5teve L

Club:
    The Oaks & Horsham hawks
    From the reports i heard from this years i'd have to agree :shot:

10. 5teve L

Club:
    The Oaks & Horsham hawks

Hence why i had a target made with a 35mm kill & 10mm of plate around the top, full distance or stander/kneeler :eek::shot: should sort the men from the boys though in the local comp at the end of the month ;)

11. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    CGC has one with a tube, you have to shoot into the curved tube to hit the kill... or you can hit the plate. But because the tube is the same size as the kill, you can't hit the plate if you miss the tube, and you can't hit the kill if you miss the plate. Everything that surrounds the target is wood... so it's really obvious when you get a 0.

It would be great to have a junk yard target course one day.

Another CGC member built a target where the target faces away from you, you have to shoot a tiny reducer which leads to a u shaped tube and fires the pellet around the back of the target and into the kill, and then it falls over towards you. When we're feeling really nasty, we paint the target so it looks like it's facing you, and you then have to discover where the hole is to actually shoot.

12. scutter

scutter Aspiring to mediocrity

Club:
    MEMBER OF M.A.D
    At the mighty Shepreth we have two great targets. the first is the Famous spiders web. It has the kill zone in the middle with thin strands of wire emanating out from the center in a web formation.

The second is quite a simple target. We have a log suspended between two trees with a knockover rat on it. But hanging below the log is a large flat piece of wood that acts as a sail. So if there is even a breath of wind then the target will move.

Mark Andrews is an evil git:D:D:D

13. dave benyon

dave benyon Spirit of HFT 2009

I use one in our Extreme shoot, it is a 40mm kill target with a 12mm hole drilled in the centre of the kill disc, Rammys expert at it just ask Sam. It is the same for everyone, but just adds that bit off spice. I can dig it out for Tawd next week if you like. :) :mad:

14. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

Keep it in the shed please Dave! Like the decreasing circles one, but some sound like lottery shots to me, they have no place in a proper comp. Ok for a one off silly shoot though.;):D

Ryan

15. raygun

raygun Non member

Hi Ryan,

You'll be O.K. on our course (your home club). We've read the rules and are up to speed on all the kill zone sizes.

We're having trouble though with the paddle sizes, or even if we should have paddles at all.

:D:D:D

ATB
    Ray.

16. herx77

herx77 Member

The Bodyboarding capitol of Hertfordshire.
    Club:
    Lea Valley Air Gun Club
    Looking at a waterfall target.
    Standardish kill, and 3ft in front of it arranged that you have to shoot through it ,is a waterfall, about 12ins wide, arranged to fall in a sheet in front of target.
    Problem is to maintain a constant flow throughout comp.3hrs+.
    Probably pump run on batteries as mains is a bit dodgy,with water about.
    We have a rising rabbit at Lea Valley also,when tripped you have about 8 seconds from rising to falling under cover,if the kill is hit it is signalled that it is a kill,a plate is obvious and a miss gets lots of abuse.:D
    HERX77

Last edited: May 2, 2009
  17. JAGXKRS

HFT CQB I like it :D:D

18. Nealsey

Nealsey Two Tins

I like the idea of novelty targets, keeps the fun in game.

However, the knockover ones are built to a standard and have proved very reliable.
    Custom made targets may be built to a lesser or greater quality, but will they stand the test of a couple of hundred shooters using them over a day?

My suggestion would be to us the knockover targets, but place them in more interesting locations, not always
    eas I must admit.

Neal

19. popsheep

popsheep Lee Marvin & the Shadows

What is the UKAHFT coming to ?????

we will get Whiskers to do our silly target if that is what is required ,apart from that we will try to set challenging courses for all
    all a MAD apart from whiskers{ because hes PERRR-fect}

20. clubshot

clubshot Member

Thinking back to Targets used @ Lea Valley

Shooting through a Saw Blade - seemed Fun
    Caged Rat's really seem to wind up Shooters

Yes We brought a Couple of Shepreths Spiders
    Really go well in woods

Remember the target behind hole in tree @ Popham woods

In FT Pistol - seem to like hiding half the target - Kill Zone behind tree's and rocks

Not forgetting Dave Mansfields - Rising Bunny Target.......

BOB/R