Not Bad looking ! 8002 S2 in Grey Laminate

Discussion in 'Anschutz' started by JasonGoldsmith66, Jan 25, 2010.

1. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    Feeling sorry there aint no 'schutz posts or pics...so am posting the 1st pic here...in anticipation of shortly getting a couple of rifles :D

Attached Files:

2. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    Dave Welham Conversions costs...

Spoke to Dave Welham...

Long story short :( the conversion is about ballpark figure GBP400 + ...depending on model of 'Schutz...

...and I thought a couple of conversions at GBP100 a pop was a brilliant deal...:D

Oh well, I guess 2 'schutz will be enough rather than 3 I planned to own...

Have decided to get a: 8002 Mk 1 version (as recommended by Dave W.) - http://krale-schietsport.nl/product..._id=6&osCsid=97a64275bc9eca5fcfa9f35853575651

3. Willbe

Willbe I Like BIG Hats!

Club:
    Far Coley FTC
    Always worth a chat with John Harris too (Jon on the forum) as he also does these conversions.

Will

4. WHIZZER

WHIZZER Member

out of interest why does dave recommend the mk1 version?

when my one comes back i will post a photo, it sits in a paul wilson stock as the standard ones are not that good a fit for ft

5. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -

Thanks for the tip...will be contacting Jon on pricing.. :D

6. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    Whizzer,

Dont know exactly...but he explained in technical jargon & I was getting confused as I had the 8002 & 9003 specs. in front of me whilst on the phone...something to do with how Anschutz have kept changing the internal engineering mechanics of each gun, and hence, a lot less hassle to do the convert of the Mk 1.

I advise you to check www.egun.de , as there are some good deasl on 2002 in Alutech form...Dave Welham did say he is able to do those, and reinforce the cocking pin, which historically can shear off...

Hope that helps..:D

Cheers !

7. Jon

Jon Member

The S2 is my preference but involves re machining the gold valve seat, at least it does away with that 12 year old sharp tapered seat. Everything else the same workload.
    Can even partially convert S1 valve to S2, got one here and taking to Dowry tomorrow. So easy to shoot well whereas mine on a conventional layout like any other gun made to date you have to work at it.
    Downside at present is no front dovetail S2, an adaptor is required from Anchutz think its three screws and two tight fitting pegs, surprisingly substantial. Newer models produced around now will have the front dovetail as in the mark 1.

8. Jon

Jon Member

Jason if it were me i would go for action only, that way you are not payong for something fit for the scrap bin.
    The Pro grip have a nice feel but its the pistol grips, the designer wants sacking!

Aluminium with laminate are ok slightly cheaper as well and come with the 9003 trigger blade. If you wanted to upgrade at a later date i would say go for the walnut 8002 substantially cheaper than the laminate with same adjusters etc.

8001 and 8002 dont come with a stabilisor its an optional extra.
    9003 has a totally different stock plus added weight bars and Gun Guard case, etc Mainly it comes with stabilisor and that gorgeous softlink suspension, chances are you wont know its gone off no vibration, recoil flip etc.

9. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    Hi John,

I just won the bidding on a "F" 10m power German rated gun- Anschutz 9003 Premium. According to the chap, DOM 2005, so Its a 5 year old mint...claiming only 50 pellets shot through. Will send you a PM on the conversion. :D

Here are some pics of the rifle.

Attached Files: