North west newbie

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by cheesyleps, Apr 7, 2015.

1. cheesyleps

cheesyleps New Member

Club:
    None
    Hi all. Long time lurker, first time poster.

I'm a 'retired' merchant navy officer who now teaches and is just the right side of 30. Been shooting in various forms (mostly air and shot) since I was five years old. Lost the habit in my teenage years, attempted to start a few years back but our firstborn arrived and got in the way. Now he is a touch older I have some spare time again (huzzah!)

I'm based up near Blackpool and fancy trying my hand at ft (maybe hft later too). I plan to try out tawd vale but haven't yet. Currently playing about at the likes of atherton indoor to get the basics back.

Look forward to joining in the discussions.

2. fireblade

fireblade Team AirArms

Club:
    Tawd Vale FTC
    Drop in at tawd and have a look around, we have the best facilities and ground in the region.

Dave Schofield,
    tawd vale ftc committee:D

3. cheesyleps

cheesyleps New Member

Club:
    None
    Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply. I used to work at the camp site as a volunteer when I was a teenager. Always used to look from a distance and drool at the expensive gear on show.

I have looked at your club calendar and it seemed you guys were likely to be pretty busy recently (tawd based gps etc) so was going to give the club secretary a call at some point this week and see when would be best to come along.

Out of interest, what type of pistols do you use for pistol ft? I've got a beretta cp99 and a gamo compact. Can't imagine either faring too well over 25 yards and more.

4. fireblade

fireblade Team AirArms

Club:
    Tawd Vale FTC
    Hi,
    funnily enough, there is a 6yard pistol shoot on this weekend ( first of the summer series ) ideal for you gamo as long as its in .177 flavour, .22 is not allowed due to scout rules, at £2 entry fee, there is even a raffle at the end to win your money back:D, starts about 12.30-1pm ask for ste parker.

Ps i wont be there, i'll be at an away comp, so you will need to see Dave Fairhurst- club sec

5. cheesyleps

cheesyleps New Member

Club:
    None
    Yeah,it's a .177

I will give Dave a call. Good luck at the comp.