None Manufacture - Gun Smiths

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by clubshot, Aug 25, 2009.

1. clubshot

clubshot Member

It seems that Manufactures are snowed under with work - these Day's

Been advised that it could be Four Weeks before Hull can even look @ my HW100 Action

Read that others are having similar problems with other UK Firms

Aware that that there are some accepted and trusted Air Gun - Smiths out there

Anyone aware of a HW100 Gun Smith - got Air But refuses to Fire - First time in Five Years

Yes this time it with Hull - but thinking of the Future

BOB/R

2. villiers

villiers Self appointed antipimp

Club:
    Bisley
    Its all that anti tamper stuff stopping normal people working on there pride and joy:rolleyes:.You could try the other airgun site there are a few who do the HW100 there

Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  3. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

Ben Taylor is the obvious but be quick:cool: There are a few on the BBs, Fluffyduck is well thought of:cool:

4. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Understandable.

It's a considerable amount of knowledge and skill these days to be a competent gunsmith that can work on a range of pcp's. When I worked in a shop donkeys years ago, the pcp's were rare enough that they would be returned with no problem, but springers could be done in house... now pcp's are more prevailent, and more technical/fiddly, they are placing more demands.

How many importers carry gunsmiths? AT I know makes life harder, especially for the shop that might have been able to fix a simple problem.