Nominated lanes in HFT

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by cocksure, Sep 3, 2013.

1. cocksure

cocksure Weihrauch flasher mac....

Whilst at a pretty good HFT shoot recently I overheard two members arguing this point,..ready..one guy says "You don't have nominated prone lanes in HFT", the other guy says "Of course you do otherwise nobody would do prone would they.You don't nominate prone support if the peg IS the support because obviously you have to use the peg." Who was right? So over to you at 'the Breeze....

2. stu180101

stu180101 New Member

Not sure I 100% understand your post.

If it helps -

in a 30 shot UKAHFT comp there must be;

• 3 x Prone ONLY shots
    • 1 x un-supported Standing shot
    • 1 x un-supported Kneeling shot
    • 2 x supported Standing shots
    • 2 x supported Kneeling shots
    This leaves 21 lanes, which can be taken kneeling, standing or prone (the peg must be touched by some part of the body/rifle as the shot is taken) - and the majority of shooters obviously opt to take prone, as its more stable, especially when able to use the peg as a support.

If it was UKSARC comp then thats a different kettle of fish (my understanding is that in a SARC comp, the shot may be taken standing, kneeling or prone from anywhere within a designated area marked with pegs).

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  3. scutter

scutter Aspiring to mediocrity

Club:
    MEMBER OF M.A.D
    all targets can be shot from prone, kneeling or standing, unless the target is marked as either prone only, standing or kneeling.

The UKAHFT rules state that every course must have

UN-SUPPORTED SHOTS

There must be 1 x un-supported Standing shot with a hit zone of 35-45mm at 8-35yds

There must be 1 x un-supported Kneeling shot with a hit zone of 35-45mm at 8-35yds

Un-supported positional shots will be denoted by the use of a 4" high peg.

The un-supported kneeler should not be placed at an extreme angle (no more than 30degrees).

SUPPORTED SHOTS

There must be 2 x supported standing shots with hit zones of either 35-45mm at 8-35yds, or 25mm at 8-30yds.

There must be 2 x supported kneeling shots with hit zones of either 35-45mm at 8-35yds, or 25mm at 8-30yds.

PRONE ONLY

There must be 3 x Prone ONLY shots using any UKAHFT hit zone size, there must be a “Prone only†sign in place at the peg

Hope this helps

Gary

4. LANKY MK

LANKY MK this **** is killing me.

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    There is no "prone support" shots as such in either ukahft or NEFTA hunter rules, other rules may but i'm not aware. The standard none designated positional shot is taken prone & all of these have a peg of somesort, although the shot can be designed to make the shooter come off the peg to shot but they must still touch the peg with either the rifle of there body.

in UK's you have prone only, supported shots are 2 kneelers or standers & 2 standers. NEFTA hunter have no prone only but do have the 4 supported shots like UK's

5. cocksure

Nominated prone

You both understood it perfectly, the two persons concerned have had this issue resolved instantly by your input............;)

6. cocksure

Turns out one of the fellas doesn't do prone, and didn't do so on any lanes nominated or not! This may explain his 'misunderstanding' of the rules. And no he's not disabled etc, he's perfectly able bodied (for an FT shooter anyway :D)

7. luddite

luddite I Love HFT

cocksure is taking this far too seriously. :eek:o

Sunday's shoot was a fun shoot. :)

Emphasis on fun. :D

8. TREV RYN

TREV RYN Well-Known Member

skelmanthorpe ,west yorkshire,emley moor ftc
    yes in the ukahft shoots there course format includes I think 3 prone only shots, in the nefta series there are none, what the problem was with Sunday, I was there you used no format at all, im not knocking your enthusiasm at all, but when setting a course either ft. or hft you must have a format/ set of rules to work to, I mean target 29-30 weren't there flower, hope this helps

9. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

Unless Ken................ it means i would have beat you had you had zero's for not going prone:D:D:D:D;)

10. luddite

luddite I Love HFT

If "ifs and ands were pots and pans" :p

11. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

Then he scores 0 on the nominated prone lanes. :D:D

12. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

He he.....like Ken said, twas a fun shoot and we DID have a lot of fun.:)

13. Brian.Samson

Brian.Samson Allowed in Sales Staff Member

Club:
    Pontefract, Doncaster Airgun Range
    When Calps shot a few of the UKA rounds, even he took the nominated prone lanes prone... so you've got no excuse Ken - knock 3 off your score I say :D

14. cocksure

Yes your right. Not putting out 29 30 after putting everything else out was very poor. Maybe one of the other members could have done it flower. No?? The format was HFT and HFT rules. By all means explain exactly what was wrong with the HFT.' Cause the FT was done by others and again wasn't that a fantastically involving shoot!!

15. cocksure

Thats great, but as it was a 'friendly' you'd be better of trying to do as the lane sign says and having a go.Most others had no problem understanding the 'support' request as there was a BIG FEKIN' BARREL right next to the peg. As regards nominated prone.....all pegs can be nominated as you wish,pegs not nominated are your choice. As it was HFT at an FT club believe me sister you have to nominate prone or they ain't gettin' their clothes dirty..lots of people who don't practice prone did not go prone on the day and were not penalised as it was just a bit of HFT fun. There was no threat of '0' s so just not going prone (as everyone else who didn't) would have been a better choice than confronting the course setter and demanding the 'prone' nominate be removed just for his delicate little personage.......

16. cocksure

A hard won '1' point for Ken!

I do hope this isn't our GFTC Ken you mean, as on the one prone he really got into (THE BARREL) it caused him to injure his back and that's funny, I mean that's NOT funny...see GFTC Ken over a barrel on you-tube at 'HFT GOLDFINGER SHOOT' and well done young Kennith!! :cool:

17. stu180101

stu180101 New Member

If your response to the above is this ..

Why start a thread on here, asking this ..

The answer to your OP is you were shooting to your own HFT rules rather than UKAhft rules, so shooters have to follow your rules on that day (but you already new that, whereas I thought you were asking a serious question - allbeit an odd one ;):D) :p

Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  18. Strokebloke

Strokebloke Mk3 Fanatic

Club:
    SYWELL NTSC : FT : Greyhound : Kibworth
    Prone

In a UKHFTA comp, is there an Open Class for disabled shooters who are not able to assume the prone position?
    Or once they have got into the prone position, are then unable to get back to their feet. :D:D

I ask for a very valid reason :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :) :) :)

19. scutter

scutter Aspiring to mediocrity

Club:
    MEMBER OF M.A.D
    If you have a disability speak to the organisers, If you can't go prone for any shot, then I am sure they will allow you to take it kneeling or standing.

The only thing is though, the target will be set as a prone shot and if you can not see it, standing or kneeling and you can't get prone, you will have to take the zero.

20. Strokebloke

Strokebloke Mk3 Fanatic

Club:
    SYWELL NTSC : FT : Greyhound : Kibworth
    Would it be acceptable to sit, as in Ft - on a cushion ? :)