Nomads Boxing Day Results

Discussion in 'News and Results' started by milek, Dec 28, 2015.

1. milek

milek Member

Club:
    Nomads
    It s never easy organising shoots and you can t settle until it s all over but I would like to think everyone had a good time today even if some of the scoring was poor. Before we mention the roll of honour I would like to thank everyone for coming along and giving us their support. I want to thank each one of you who came and donated prizes, everyone got one and more so well done everyone.

We want to thank the course setters, organisers, the pub (we re in with them now) and those who brought in the targets albeit a little earlier than planned (oops).

Tony, thanks for the book and well done on your score.

Bill for helping me with the raffle.

Mik, I hope everything s ok with the wife mate, (hope its good news).

Once again everyone; thanks for your support. We ll be announcing the club competition dates in the next few weeks.

Top shot was Karl Guest who pipped both Mitch & Tony on count-back. Congratulations Karl; you are shooting well again. Count-back s a ***** Mitch but there s no shame in a junior in 2nd place beating those that you did. We want to see you & your dad back on the hill in 2016.

Karl Guest 56
    Mitch Birch 56 (Junior)
    Tony Male 56
    Mik Monaghan 55
    Jason Bressington 54
    Stuart James 53
    Darrin Lynn 53
    Phil Tombs 53
    Perry Broad 52
    Simon Jewkes 52
    Bill Birch 51
    Dan Baker 51
    Kev Clarke 50
    Ash Bailey 50
    Lee Malpass 50
    Dan Macmahon 49
    Ranjit Singh 49 (R)
    Gra Cole 48
    Tom Morgans 46
    Owen Stimpson 46
    Matt Lee 45
    Ed Brown 44
    John Holder 44
    Charlie Baker 44
    Stew Powell 44 (R)
    Stuart Hill 43 (R)
    Thomas Gnas 42
    John Ferrier 42
    Chris Pritchard 41
    Marc Trumper 41 (R)
    Len Smith 41
    Mick Boswell DNF

2. mikmon

mikmon Member

Well great morning shooting a nice testing course i cant believe i caught my triger when going to pull a string and gun went off giving a donut and i didnt even shoulder the rifle that cost me dear ! but happy enough with my score id like to that my shooting partners (Trick shot Tony) and Len, also thank to the setters as said a nice test.

And thanks Mick mrs is home a with couple of broken rids and a few scuffs n bruises bless but hey could of been a lot worse ! so all good so i had to rush off mate but did enjoy the shot.

3. Pidlar

Pidlar Member

An excellent day out, many thanks to the team at Nomads for all their hard work.
    A big thank you also to Stu James for a great mornings shooting. A perfect ambassador for the sport, in the miles he travels to compete and his willingness to support and encourage fellow shooters. Much ethos to you Sir!
    Regards,Stu

4. Ash Bailey

Ash Bailey Herder of delinquent cats.

Club:
    Parkstone GC, Glevum, Nomads HFT.
    Many thanks to all involved in organising and running another fine shoot in Martley. You're all stars.

Thanks too to my shooting buddies Gra Cole and Karl "champ" Guest :D Thoroughly enjoyed shooting with you.

And starting/finishing in a pub - a splendid idea, I hope this will catch on! I approve totally ;)

Looking forward to seeing you all in 2016.

5. TomaszG

TomaszG New Member

Club:
    Glevum Target Gloucester
    Many thanks nomad's for brilliant course on boxing day . Thanks everyone for good fun and helpful advice. That by fantastic day

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  6. rattus

rattus Member

Club:
    Nomads HFT
    Had a great morning at nomads, big thank you to the course setters and to the admiral Rodney for putting on the food and drinks. Thanks to my shooting partners ash and errrm think his name was gra summat. Some good scores put in today but a special mention for mich with a cracking 56.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  7. Bill-B

Bill-B Member

Club:
    Furnace Mill and Quarry
    Well my first visit to Nomads!!! I must say it was a very enjoyable shoot and I thought course was well set out, very testing in places. Thanks go to the Nomads team on there hard work and setting of the course. My shooting partners Ed and my son Mitch of whom I'm so proud of today with a score of 56. Well done Karl and Tony also with 56's. Felt that we were made very welcome too. See you all on the hill again in 2016.

ATB Bill

8. Tone

Tone Member

Club:
    Bristol Aero & Quarry Hunters
    Well done to Mick, Jim and the Nomads for a another well organised event.

The course was excellent and had us scrambling from the woods to open area, on to the copse and back again.

Thanks for the company Mik and Len and glad the wife is on the mend Mik.

The Nomads Boxing Day shoot is fast becoming a legend in the making.