No slings

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by holly, Nov 17, 2013.

1. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    No slings to be used in aid of the shot ? only for carrying the rifle . ohweerrr . now why not . ??? HOLLY:)

2. Brian.Samson

Brian.Samson Allowed in Sales Staff Member

Club:
    Pontefract, Doncaster Airgun Range
    It's so you can't wrap it round your ankle to provide support for kneelers. :D

3. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Know

well brian i know several older shooters who wrap the sling around the back of the neck . to help support the rifle in standers . they need this . ??? HOLLY:)

4. LittleJack

LittleJack Active Member

Club:
    Blaenau Gwent
    I take it there was a recent meeting????

5. Brian.Samson

Brian.Samson Allowed in Sales Staff Member

Club:
    Pontefract, Doncaster Airgun Range
    BFTA AGM yesterday Jack

This was the agenda

6. Artfull-Bodger

Artfull-Bodger Member

No slings?, what about catapults?

7. neilL

neilL New Member

Club:
    NOFTC CRPC
    13.h
    "Slings: When taking any type of shot the sling or strap or any other type
    of restraint may NOT be used to steady the aim. ie the only use for a sling shall
    be to carry the rifle (safely) between lanes and around the ranges. "

For 3, Against 2, Abstain 3
    Motion carried. But only just carried so I expect there may be some further discussion in January so please raise issues with your region reps.

I will aim to get the Agenda published again ahead of the meeting but I can't even circulate it until it has been approved by the committee and Chair. Better than waiting months to see what was discussed though :)

Neil

8. SDplinker

SDplinker Pellet testing...yawn

Club:
    CASA - California Airgun Shooters Association
    I know these are BFTA rules proposals but what impact do we see them having on WFTF rules? Watching with interest from the USA.....

9. neilL

neilL New Member

Club:
    NOFTC CRPC
    I think it is fair to say that BFTA is willing to try changes and based on feedback and input from shooters of all standards (World standards of course!) such changes will either remain or themselves be subject to change or modification next year. FT is a very technical sport but a huge source of pleasure. The changes are proposed by active shooters for active shooters and everyone has an opinion :)

Cheers
    Neil

10. rich

rich Active Member

I go along with you Neil, about changes proposed by active shooters etc., but three abstentions on a vote such as this, from people who have allegedly gone there to represent their region, I'm not too impressed by that. Well done to the five who did have a point of view and were prepared to air it.

11. neilL

neilL New Member

Club:
    NOFTC CRPC
    Thanks - I will aim to get the Agenda out in the public site before the next meetings and hopefully more people will read it and talk within the regions but the rules for meetings are a constraint as to how much advance notice I can give. All the Region Reps get the Agenda in draft and final form at least 28days ahead of the meetings unless events conspire to delay it (voluntary organisations!!).

Oh and clearly I won't name names as to voting until the minutes are drafted and approved/accepted at the next meeting.

By which time everyone will have forgotten :) Too many mince pies will do that!

Cheers
    Neil