NM regulator

Discussion in 'Walther' started by rover, Jul 4, 2013.

1. rover

rover Member

Club:
    Dunfermline / Emley Moor
    Hi can anyone give me information about a NM regulator for a Walther lg 300

2. Numb Nut

Numb Nut New Member

Assume you mean Nick Murphy?

I could be wrong but I think he modifies walther regs rather than build complete replacements.

The exhaust valve seat seems to be the main culprit to be replaced in the standard regulator. Anyone know of other modifications that might be necessary?

3. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    The knock open valve seat is something that Nick replaces... it stops the temperature sensitivity of the green one and is more durable than the walther white one. Nick actually says (from memory) that if you have the mk2 reg (silver) and it's working then there's pretty much nothing wrong with it. I've only had him work on a mk1 (gold) and a mk2 when they've gone wrong. The knock open valve seat is the main culprit in my experience. That and lube on the hammer.

4. mikewills8904

mikewills8904 walthers last the course

Club:
    oaktree ftc and tondu ftc
    walther lg300

the knock open valve (firing valve seal) is not part of the reg .the reg does seal on the firing valve seal

the standard walther firing valve seal is made of ptfe and over time bevels over and causes problems
    the replacments fitted are made of delrin and are harder and solve the issue

as for the reg (mk2) if it is working then leave it alone i have changed seals and altererd reg pressures and chronoerd guns with different settings and to be honest as long as the reg is set between 80 and 85 bar then it will work fine.

hope this helps