NJR 100 series Reg?

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by DEAN C., Jun 23, 2014.

1. DEAN C.

DEAN C. Steyr Convert

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    Hi
    I have my NJR reg and firing valve stripped down and was looking for new seals and advice etc.

Can anyone say whether this is an AA reg or who made it please. The firing valve looks pretty good so I can only deduce that the reg seal is leaking. Not much in the way of moving parts inside compared to others that I have seen.

Any comments or advice appreciated.

Dean.

Attached Files:

2. Choppers

Choppers Member

Club:
    KentWoodsmen
    I could be wrong but it looks very much like one of dave welhams of airmasters ones. There are several o rings inside and the valve seat may need remachining. Give him a call and he will confirm although he is on holiday until early next month.

3. Jon

Jon Member

Its a Mick Dawes one send it to ISP.

4. spartan

spartan Member

Dont think its one of micks Jon, don't look like any of mics regs i have ever seen, not sure who made that one :confused:

5. Tench

Tench WHFTA World Champion 2016.

Its not one of mine and not one I have ever come across either.

6. DEAN C.

DEAN C. Steyr Convert

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    The plot thickens! :confused:

I was hoping that it was a standard AA job. I might be able to reseal it myself but it looks like a special seat that the small brass valve has, that is screwed into the end on the right.The double O ring part is just a slide on cylinder support and seal for the reg volume area, if that makes sense.
    Simple design, which in my book is usually best if it does what its supposed to.I will have to have a dabble myself if I cannot find who made it.

Was hoping to find the maker as it would be easier to let the maker set it up and re seal.

Failing that I might have to turn the reg body down to retain the original firing valve spring, and fit another reg after it with a stand off.
    I have had the cylinder re blued by Colin Malloy and it should look great when put back together.

Any more suggestions or information would be appreciated, and thanks for the comments.