Niko target master anygood?

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by GR01, Jun 14, 2010.

1. GR01

GR01 New Member

HI does anyone have one of the above what do you think for ft in the 10-50x60 as i use a 32mag at the mo but could do with a bit more mag any help would be great.garry:)

2. TourneySteve

TourneySteve New Member

Club:
    Midshires
    I use one of these for FT, and I think its a great scope, nice clear optics, pretty good for rangefinding, and not too bad a price at around the £269 mark now I think. I think its one of the better mid price scopes, but I've seen several second hand £400 or less Diamond Sportsman Nikko's around the forums lately, and at that price they are even better value if you can up your budget slightly. If you add a large sidewheel to the Targetmaster your getting up around the £300 price tag. So in answer to your question, yes I would reccomend them if your on a budget like I was when I got mine,you won't be dissapointed, but if money is not a problem, then go for a Diamond Sportman :D

3. GR01

GR01 New Member

MANY THANKS for the info whats the marks like 50 to 55 and what size wheel do you use many thanks.garry:)

4. TourneySteve

TourneySteve New Member

Club:
    Midshires
    I've got the 150mm wheel, which I think is the biggest one, and there's only about 5mm between the 50-55 marks, takes a bit of practice to get the range right, with that little to play with :)

5. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Gaps aren't so important, in fact I think they can be a red herring. My Walther scopes only have about 4mm, and my march has about 5. What is important is how well the scope communicates the range and how repeatable that is. Just saying that gaps aren't everything ;) But it does take time to learn a scope... some are easier than others.

6. TourneySteve

TourneySteve New Member

Club:
    Midshires
    Very true Rob, good point.

7. GR01

GR01 New Member

MANY THANKS.for the help i think i will try one.garry:)