Nikko Stirling Diamond 10-50×60 Illuminated Mildot Riflescope

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Buffalo, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Buffalo

Buffalo Member

Club:
    Greyhound
    Anyone have one of these with the Illuminated mildot as I am thinking of updating my Big Nikko MK 1, thanks

2. sungotineyes

sungotineyes Member

Club:
    several in london/oldham area's any when travelling
    had the new illuminated one,optics very good and liked the reticle although only used indoors,

3. Buffalo

Buffalo Member

Club:
    Greyhound
    I assume then you would not know the clarity in dark areas then. I find the mk1 is a problem in the overcast areas especially at longer distances 50 - 55 yards.

4. Recoiling Rob

Recoiling Rob Member

Hi Stitch

With the Mk1 Nikko you can still range find perfectly well at 35 mag
    This will also brighten your view of the Target
    Several people use 35 mag to both range and shoot with the Big Nikko to very good effect
    Try it it may suit you

Grubber

5. Buffalo

Buffalo Member

Club:
    Greyhound
    Cheers Rob

Because my current setup is done to 50 magnification would any changes be done to my current settings

6. Recoiling Rob

Recoiling Rob Member

Hi Stitch

It is wise to check your Zero after changing magnification, it shouldn't move but sometimes a small change in the POI is possible.

Check it out, as I say Range and shoot on 35 is fairly easy to master, check your Zero and adjust if neccesary - and shoot a course to get used to it and enjoy the brighter sight picture...

Rob

7. Buffalo

Buffalo Member

Club:
    Greyhound
    Rob

Will I have to change my distance marks on the side wheel due to scoping in on the lower magnification. Excuse my ignorance but Im not very technically minded at all unfortunately.

8. Recoiling Rob

Recoiling Rob Member

No
    The ranges marked on your side wheel should not change

Rob

9. Lavant_Lad

Lavant_Lad Old Git.

Club:
    Redfearns FTC. & Steve Smith's Dinnington.
    This is not the case, my findings are if your wheel is marked out for 55y on 50x mag then you range find on 35x your present marking will not correspond. :eek::)

10. Jesim1

Jesim1 Active Member

Club:
    BOAC
    Correct - think about it this way - if your looking though your scope at a tree at say 20x and you then turn up the mag to 30x, 40x etc. the image blurs - so you have to adjust your side wheel to bring it back into focus - but the tree has not moved and is still at the same distance. :rolleyes:

James

11. Buffalo

Buffalo Member

Club:
    Greyhound
    After setting the magnification to 35 and checking the distances the only distances which were out was 15, 12 and 10 yards all the others were spot on. Used the 35 mag for sighting in and shooting on and much better I must say. Thanks to all. Now just to get used to shooting on 35 mag.

12. Spoilt_scorecard

Spoilt_scorecard All the gear and no idea.

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    Thumbs up from me

I bought the Big Nikko mk3 with ill red centre dot. It is the mildot reticle. I bought it new from Optics warehouse for around £700 a couple of months ago. I paid extra for the Nikko sunshade.

I like it and find the red IR centre dot is only useful occasionally on a shadowy, poorly lit background. Apparently the new cross hairs aren't as thick as the older models. Also it focuses very well down to 10 yards at full mag with a pin sharp image. The difference between 50-55 yds is easily noticeable to mark your sidewheel. The supplied 4" sidewheel is fugly and will need replacing with your own custom wheel.

This new mark3 IR is the new batch and so doesn't suffer from the older model quality control problem. It is no Sightron but it performs well enough for me at half the price. Hope that helps.

13. herx77

herx77 Member

The Bodyboarding capitol of Hertfordshire.
    Club:
    Lea Valley Air Gun Club
    I would agree about the illuminated dot and if I had to choose again I would forgo it and save some money.
    Otherwise it works ok. Saying that with the Rowan side wheel, pointers, and turret extras,extended rowan sunshade, you can get a Sightron, all in not far off the cost for the Nikko and bits.;)
    HERX77 ,

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  14. Evo

Evo Bob Evans,, always getting banned from sales

Club:
    ByleyFTC
    but then you have to buy all the bits for the sightron, i enjoy using my nikko mk3,s and the only scope i would change them for would have to be the march 8 x 80, looked through one and the difference was unreal compared to the nikko and sightron