Nightforce Competition

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Nellyd130, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Nellyd130

Nellyd130 New Member

Club:
    Kent Woodsmen FTC
    Morning Gents,

This is not a review. However, I was wondering, given the more recent range of Nightforce Competition scopes (the 42x44 and 15-55x56), why it is these aren't used more in FT. Also if anyone has one maybe could they do a review on it?

Cheers

Neil

2. Welsh Wizard

Welsh Wizard Its been to quiet on here......... Staff Member

Club:
    Oaktree
    Sam bar has one I believe

Nice image and ret.

3. andyfin

andyfin Member

The main reason that not many ft shooters are useing them Neil is because they don't paralex down to meet our needs.25 yards I believe. Even reparalexed down and useing a front lens adapter still leaves you with a gap in between that you cannot paralex .about two yards. Sam bar has found a way to overcome this but it takes time and practice.also the other drawback is if you have your scope sitting high you have up to three turns on the turret for the 10 yarders. It's a shame as the optics,rangefinding,are very good .They are also not affected with temperatures.

4. nudge it just a little

nudge it just a little New Member

Club:
    Bedlay
    I had a fixed 36 br nightforce on an isp airstream , reversed over it at a comp and it lost none of its clarity, or rangefinding qualities,not even a mark on gun or scope ,I am sure it was an early one from Australia I was told

RAMBO likes this.
  5. Joost In Oost

Joost In Oost New Member

The 42x44 focuses down to 10 meters.