Nightforce Competition 42x44 for FT?

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Joost In Oost, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Joost In Oost

Joost In Oost New Member

I was wondering if there is anybody who has any experience with this riflescope. I'm considering to use it for FT, because of the light weight and the (supposedly) very good optics.
    But maybe they are to good. Yesterday, I tested the Kahles FT extensively (in sunshine and shadow), but could absolutely not reliably reproduce focus between 45 and 50 metres. It was regularly 2-5 meters off.
    So what I'm mainly interested in at this moment, is if the Nightforce does not have that problem. Anyone?

Kind regards, Joost

2. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    Chances are like the rest of the Nightforce range the minimum focus is 50yrds. They come down below this but nowhere near 9m even with a close focus adapter, AFAIK

3. JerryD

JerryD Member

Club:
    Hereward FT&ARC
  4. Joost In Oost

Joost In Oost New Member

That's the one indeed.

5. NeilM

NeilM Well-Known Member

Club:
    Shebbear
    I think the choice of reticule is probably the killer, not too many people are keen to shoot FT with a fine cross hair.

Plus, in the UK it's £1900, that's £1000 more than the 45 mag Sightron and £300 more than the Leupold Comp.

6. Joost In Oost

Joost In Oost New Member

I know, but I've worked out how to use the reticle. I don't think that will be a problem. The advantage is it has 10 MOA per revolution, instead of 7,5 (the Leupolds) or even 5 (the Sightron). For my set up that means only 10 and 9 metres are more than one turn on the elevation turret. So for me, it depends on the rangefinding capabilities at the longer distances. But it looks like no one can tell me something about that. Thanks for your replies. When I decide to buy one, I'll write a review here.