Nicky at Treetops

Discussion in 'UKAHFT Results' started by Mrs H, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Mrs H

Mrs H Narnia Guide

Club:
    Cambridge HFT, Cambridge 177, Shelford Rifle Club
    Hi folks, I wanted to pop a quick post up to let everyone know whats happening.
    For those that missed the impromptu Ambulance appearance at Treetops here's what happened...

Myself and Nicky Pearson had just bought some drinks from the site cafe and were heading over to the grassy bank by pegs 1-5 to watch some of our team mates in action.
    That was the plan anyway.

As we approached the slight incline of the bank outside the cafe Nicky stumbled, and, not to put too fine a point on it, went down like a sack of spuds. (Ever vigilant she did manage to save her cup of tea.)
    Initially we were hopefull that we might just be looking a bad sprain or a torn ankle tendon, but the subsequent X-rays at Newport Hospital showed a staggering 5 breaks to her lower leg.
    She has a 3-break spiral fracture to her tibia and a 2-break obique fracture to the fibula.
    Its a very nasty situation and will require some major surgery to re-position and pin the various bones back together, so at the moment she's in a bed on the ortho ward waiting for a surgery slot. They had hoped it might be today, but now it seems more likely to be Tues or even Weds.

I know Nicky would like to thank all those who helped and stayed with her while we waited for the ambulance. In particular Jean and the gentleman who was holding her right hand and making sure she was staying awake and focussed. I'm afraid we didn't catch his name, so he's reading this, or anyone knows who he was can they please let us know, as I know Nicky wants to thank him personally. He was a shooter in session 1 and had previously told me he did some rugby refereeing.

Nicky being Nicky she's managed to bag herself a nice window bed in the ward and is surrounded by her mobile, kindle etc, so if anyone wants to send their best wishes they can text / call her (Pm me for details), or chances are by now she's rigged up wi-fi from some plastic cups and a bit of string so she'll be poised and ready to start her Welsh (mis)adventure blog on here.

Our sincere thanks again to all those who were on hand to offer their help and support yesterday, the light banter and friendly faces definately helped keep her spirits up while she was in considerable pain.
    You're a jolly nice bunch ;)

2. A.C.

A.C. Non member

I'm sorry to say that I don't actually know Nicky but I did see the ambulance arrive at Treetops. The injury sounds terrible and myself, Harry and Elliott wish Nicky a speedy recovery.
    Regards Andrew

3. BIGGS"N"WIFE

BIGGS"N"WIFE New Member

I think it was Ian Hunter Daves dad ( top bloke)

Bruce

4. Toucan59

Toucan59 Active Member

Club:
    Cambridge HFT
    Kyle and I would like to wish Nicky all the best and a speedy return to the circuit.

5. whisperl96a1

whisperl96a1 Member

Nightmare- wishing Nicky a speedy recovery

atb

Mark

6. The Ghost Maker

The Ghost Maker Banned

Nicky

I heard about this while shooting session 2 :eek:

I am really sorry to hear that it was such a painful and serious experience for Nicky

Please let her know we are all wishing her a speedy recovery

Malc B

7. pistolgirl

pistolgirl New Member

Club:
    Cambridge HFT
    Nicky

Hi everyone I am writing this from my hospital bed, I am fairly comfortable and the welsh hospital I am in are doing a grand job of getting me sorted. My morale is high although I realise I may not be back shooting for a couple of months. Hopefully my mechano set is being fitted to my leg today if anyone feels like a chat pm there phone number as I can call any number starting in 01 02 or 03 for free. I have made the decision for Jonathan to stay at home and look after things there and as visiting is very restricted here, a couple of hours I could see no sense in him coming back up until I have had the op.
    Pete Sparkes and derrick came to see me last night and brought me some chocolate signing off for now lol nicky xxx

8. Rift

Rift "Agent"

Club:
    M.A.D
    Great to hear your comfortable Nicky. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
    Was a big shock to see you injured, but at least you were laughing as you were wheeled into the ambulance.
    I'm sure there will be a queue of friends offering to help you and your kit round the shoots.
    Best wishes

Alex

9. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

Glad you're on the mend Nicky. If you get bored in hospital I can you some pellets that need weighing up!:D

Ryan

10. LAity

LAity Goed Geschoten

You poor old thing, you will do anything to get out of shooting the Four counties:D:D, i was thinking that i have loads of magazines you could read in hospital.... then i looked at them.. don't think there your kind of thing babe sadly :):D:)

GET WELL SOON!!!!!

LAity

11. pistolgirl

pistolgirl New Member

Club:
    Cambridge HFT
    Nicky

Thanks everyone for your kind support and cheery messages I have The latest update I am now having my op Thursday afternoon, Jonathan is driving back to Wales to see me, after I gave him a list of errands to do yesterday. I am still comfortable although a little sore think it maybe a few months before I am back in the saddle so to speak but at least I haven't lost my sense of humour lol nicky xxx
    Just received a lovely box of chocolates so that makes it 2 and a lovely bunch of flowers from Bruce and andrea, Cambridge hft and kibworth to go with my box of choccies from Pete and Derrick last night.
    Xxx :shot: hope to Back soon

12. scutter

scutter Aspiring to mediocrity

Club:
    MEMBER OF M.A.D
    I'm just really upset I did not get the fall on video "You've been framed £200 ch-ching" and no one would let me take a pic of Nic in the ambulance:(

However, I am sorting out some flowers for you Nic, are these OK?

Audry 2

Triffid

Take care Nic and see you soon

Gary

13. pistolgirl

pistolgirl New Member

Club:
    Cambridge HFT
    back home now, what roadtrip -420 miles to see nicky for hour and half talk about strict on visiting hours ! .i explained i had travel led 200mils to see nicky and could i stay longer ? the reply was roughly tanslated from welsh was tough ,now sod off! nice one NOT!!!!:mad::confused: anyway thanks for alll the support for nicky its really great to see and such a help to nicky thanks everyone ,there is one good thing to come out of this i,ve been invited to shoot at QUARRY on sunday i told nick this ! should have seen look on her face ! NOT A HAPPY bunny!!!:mad: i think i need to keep quiet bout treetops on sat morning then!:D thanks a bunh everyone jonathan

14. pistolgirl

pistolgirl New Member

Club:
    Cambridge HFT
    re the flowers GARY and more suggestions like that and i,ll get some from work for you!!! WHITE LILIES IN A WREATH SHAPE!!!!!!!:eek::eek::D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes:JONATHAN

15. Mrs H

Mrs H Narnia Guide

Club:
    Those of a nervous disposition look away now

Missive from Nicky, she's sent me a piccie of her 2nd X-ray;

http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo214/177batfink/XRphoto.jpg

This was taken after they fitted the temporary (*5 days cough!!*) cast to check everything was there and thereabouts. The initial X-ray looked abit like a side view of a Jumanji game that wasn't going too well. Not good.

At the moment she's basically on a geriatric ward with all the people waiting for joint replacements, I think its safe to say she's the only one there with her original hips and teeth.
    As you can imagine that's not much fun... especially as some are a bit bewildered about where they are and keep trying to escape or wander off at all times of the day and night.
    If anyone else would like to send some flowers she's busy building her own bunker of pink petals to seperate her from the rest of the ward.

Her current location is;
    Nicola Pearson
    Ward C5 West
    Royal Gwent Hospital
    Cardiff Road
    Newport NP20 2UB

Her op is still scheduled for this afternoon, so fingers crossed it all goes smoothly, and I'll post an update later. :)

16. Sharpe

Sharpe Semper fidelis

Club:
    Maldon
    Very best wishes Nicky for a speedy recovery.:)

17. 5teve L

5teve L STOP ! HAMMER TIME !

Club:
    The Oaks & Horsham hawks
    Thats a nasty break, fingers crossed all goes well today & Nicky can get on with her recovery at home soon :)

18. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Looks nasty... good luck with the op...

Think it's a bit desperate breaking a girl's leg so she cant leave wales, but won't ever put anything past them! :D

19. BigBluey

BigBluey New Member

Get well soon

All the best with the operation Nicky, talk to ya tomorrow

20. Mrs H

Mrs H Narnia Guide

Club:
    Quick update

She's had the op!!
    Much relief all round as its finally been done.
    At the moment she's back on the gas and air, but by all accounts is looking well. She'll be in hospital for at least another 3-5 days while they keep an eye on the leg and make sure its all as it should be.
    :)