1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newcomers view.

Discussion in 'UKAHFT Official Forum' started by cb2591, Dec 9, 2009.

1. cb2591

cb2591 Member

Hi all. Read a thread on this forum ref .22 and springers. I want to shoot HFT next year ,but im not sure whether to shoot pcp or springer.As it seems not many people enter either of the aforementioned disciplines ,perhaps it would be better to just keep entries on an open basis? Prizes on the day could be awarded as normal for the winners with maybe token awards for the top shots in the minor disciplines. Better prizes could be awarded at the end of the season for the overall winners.It would also mean you could shoot any discipline on the day aslong as you had booked your entrance ticket. It wouldnt bother me using a springer and competing against people using a pcp.I hope this line of thinking dosent upset anyone,just the thoughts of a newbie.:)

2. D Martin

D Martin Non member

I don't know if the .22 class will be done away with next year in the UKAHFT mate but there is certainly a springer class of which prizes for top score of the day is usually presented.
    The number is not as great as open class in which people usually shoot .177 pcp but there are enough to give you plenty of competition.

Dave

3. Greenwing

Greenwing New Member

Club:
    Dunfermline
    There's also nothing stopping you shooting the open class with a .22 and/or a springer if you want to.

4. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

Have a look Here for the classes changes for next year :)